What's new
What's new

Dialog 4 output signals ?

Rider-83

Aluminum
Deckel FP4NC Dialog 4
Does anybody know if there is an available ‘M’ code to provide an output signal ? I want to attach an indexing head to my NC table, and send a signal from the CNC to prompt the air operated indexer to move. Does anybody know if this is possible with the Dialog 4 ? Any suggestions appreciated.

Rider:
Believe this is possible even for all the Dialog 2-4 controls. Have an FP2NC Dialog2 that was fitted with some aux. outputs. Not sure what the original owners used them for but they were there. Believe you will need to switch the logic level output using a relay.
Best to contact Don Sentner (Deckel Doctor) by e-mail or P-M...I am not real sure of the setup.
Long time between posts, hope you are doing well....Cheers Ross

Rider, Did you find the answer to your problem?

If not, I have a YUASA indexer hooked up to my FP4NC D4 that uses an M46 for the one shot index.

I will have time this weekend to give you the answers.

Late reply, i've been busy.

Steve

How did this turn out?

I would also like to know how to get an output signal for an indexer with independent control.

Machine is Deckel FP4A Contour 3 control (dialog4)

Just want to point out that the previous post in this thread was eleven YEARS ago, from 2008. Fortunately some of the same people are still around and can probably answer your question!

Yeah, i noticed that. Inwas trying to search info and found this.
Wanted to use existing thread and hoped that maybe some old member would know :)

I had Deckel Doctor make the connection on my D4. Its a 300ms 24VDC output IIRC so you'd need a relay to make a dry contact for a standalone controller. I can't tell you where to connect, it's in one of the rectangular cable connectors in the bottom of the cabinet, and my machine is an FP7NC so it would be different from others anyway. DD found it called out in the wiring schematics and added a pin and a wire to the cable connector for me to connect to. As far as I could determine, there's no completed cycle signal, at least we didn't find one if there is one.

If anyone knows of a completed operation signal, please let me know about it!

AFAIK you just put M49 on a line in the program. I plan to put M49 on a line, then a dwell on the next line long enough for the indexer to reach it's position and stop. I see sfield232 used M46, but it's labeled M49 on my machine schematic.
I can't show my work because I haven't used it this way yet, I have jobs in mind for it so I had DD make the connection last time he was here. There's nothing about it in my program/operation manuals.

Back