What's new
What's new

Disassembly of a Deckel dividing head vice?

Cycles

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I got hold of a Deckel dividing head and included was the centering vice.

The vice is quite dirty and the leadscrew is full of maybe decades old grease so it should probably be cleaned and regreased.

So I tried to pull the vice apart... and failed. I have no idea how this thing disassembles. Maybe someone out here has already done that and can provide some hints.

IMG_20210216_173437.jpg
IMG_20210216_173511.jpg
IMG_20210216_173610.jpg
IMG_20210216_173712.jpg

I removed the vice jaws and the gibbs. I can't pull the left and right upper halfs away vertically because they don't clear the base, so they have to be pulled out to the left and right. They are afixed sideways by pins that go vertically in the base (see pic no.3). The leadscrew can't simply be unscrewed either because it's got a left and right-handed portion.

I would have thought that the bottom two holes reveal something but in those small holes are threads that don't go down all the way to the bottom so there is nothing that could be unscrewed out from the underside.

In the first picture right in the middle is a round piece of metal pressed in to retain the leadscrew, pressing this piece out from the underside might work? But idk if this is meant to be torn out.

Anyone who has done this before and can help out?

I've never taken apart my Zweibackenfutter, but would try to unscrew this part:

attachment.php

You might have to make a tool to do that. Probably there is a pin or setscrew that prevents it from rotating, which you also need to extract. Maybe that's what visible in the fourth photo that you posted, that could that be a grub screw (Inbus Madenschraube) holding that part from turning?

Probably someone here has taken one apart and knows the answer for sure.

Back