What's new
What's new

DMU 60P machine, low head hydraulic pressure problem

marco_finelli

Plastic
Hello everyone, I introduce myself, my name is Marco, I live in Italy and this is my first post on this forum.
I recently acquired a Deckel-Maho DMU 60P machine produced in 1998.
The machine was in operation in Germany until the end of February 2020.
I have all the electrical diagrams of the machine, but unfortunately I do not have the use and maintenance manual.
I can manually move the 5 continuous axes but I have problems in clamping/unclamping the additional head axis.
I have already checked all the end switches and I suspect that the hydraulic power unit (serving only the head) may have problems. In fact, the hydraulic pressure rises to only 40 bar.
My machine is equipped with a hydraulic power pack for discontinuous use from Hawe model MC3 that is no longer produced. In the meantime, I have purchased a new hydraulic unit with with enough (I hope) flow capability and tunable up to 300 bar.
Has anyone on the forum ever had anything to do with this machine (or a similar DMU 80P, 100P, 120P, etc.)?
Could he/she tell me what is the correct hydraulic pressure for this machine?
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
I retrieved a copy of the machine's user manual and was able to solve the problem.
I post the solution here in case it might be useful to someone in a similar situation.
The DMU60P machine works with a hydraulic pressure mantained between 110 and 140 bar.
I maked a small adaptation plate to use the original valve block and I adjusted the pressure to 140 bar.
After the cleaning of the removed pipes and valves the machine now works correctly.
Thank you all for attention.
Greetings.

Back