What's new
What's new

Dolly for supporting angular table

legoboy

Hot Rolled
Has any one built a dolly for wheeling around the angular table on the FPNC's? Specifically one that will hold it in a position which would facilitate mounting to the machine with out the need for a crane.

Has any one built a dolly for wheeling around the angular table on the FPNC's? Specifically one that will hold it in a position which would facilitate mounting to the machine with out the need for a crane.

Don't know about Deckel table dollies, but I think Thiel had one for their mills. As I recall it was a tubular steel design with casters. I have never seen one in real life, so probably rare.

Hi
There is a photo of a dolly in this recent thread.

Storing Heads?

I used a lifter / stacker by Presto (or maybe another one) the few times I have removed the table on the FP3NC. I only have the one table so it usually stays on. I can't use the forklift in the mills location unfortunately.

Andy

Hi
There is a photo of a dolly in this recent thread.

Storing Heads?

I used a lifter / stacker by Presto (or maybe another one) the few times I have removed the table on the FP3NC. I only have the one table so it usually stays on. I can't use the forklift in the mills location unfortunately.

Andy

Hi
I brought that with the mill. It works well for the tables. I want to modify it to carry/fit the heads.
I have a transmission lifter but it is unwieldy to move around the workshop.

Dazz

Pretty much every shop has space issues...busy work areas tend to get congested. Floor space becomes the most expensive commodity in the shop.
The area of most flexibility and available space would be the overhead...While i realize that having overhead lifting might present challenges of both construction and cost it is the
area that will not interfere with the machines or work....
Spend the time effort and a bit more expense (perhaps) and gain valuable space....Its sort of two features in one solution....You get the move heavy parts/accessories without further
congesting your work space with floor mounted solutions....
Cheers ross

I use a hydraulic lift table with a few blocks to hold the table in position. I had to modify the wheels to bridge the base of the mill but it works ok. It takes up floor space but is useful for other tasks as well.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

If one uses a lift table as mTeryk does could you wrap a sling around the the Y axis slide then bolt an eye on the table then use the Y axis to support the weight. Then you could jog the Y out far enough to get past the base? How much weight do you think the Y axis could support? Just throwing ideas out there....

Back