What's new
What's new

Engraver Tilting Rotary table.

trevj

Titanium
Well, I bit, on an ebay auction for a tilting rotary table, with a Burnerd 4 inch tommy-bar operated chuck on it.

It appears to either be Deckel, or possibly Alexander, which would suit me pretty well as I have an Alexander Panto Engraver.

Probably overpaid, as it is a bit modified, it looks as they cut out some of the mainbase casting to allow clearance for the chuck to tilt further up.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333232270281

Should have a graduated thimble and a pointer on the end opposite the locking lever, I think.

Comments?

Anyone got any of the history of the relationship between Deckel and Alexander? Did Alexander just rip off Deckel, or were they licensing the products they made as clones, or...???

The story I have heard is that Alexander had licensed the designs from Deckel just before WW2, then when it started they just carried on without paying the royalties - whether that's true I'm not sure!

Received mine in the mail yesterday. Looks to be in decent nick, other than missing the graduated knob and it's pointer.

From the looks of the system, it was a plain back on the knob, bearing directly on the casting, with the end play adjusted from the locking collar on the other end of the screw. That sound about right?

Took me a few seconds (and a dope slap to myself) to figure the spring arrangement for the rapid indexing lever. It had sprung out of it's groove, and was not functioning correctly. A tiny tweak of the end of the spring, and it sits nicely now, when installed.

A beauty little piece of kit! :)

Back