What's new
What's new

Error 2306 FP4A Dialog 11

Bergske

Plastic
Hi all,

For some time I get the following error message when I turn on the machine : 'Error 2306: externe asblokkering staat aan' (translated: "External axis lock is on.")
At this time the keyboard doesn't work and the controls seem to hang. If I disconnect the power from the control and back on, this error is gone but the control then hangs in another place. Usualy in 'File check OK' or 'MPHL running'. If after several attempts I have come so far that I can load the machine parameters (for they are out), the controller also hangs there often.

I have reseated most Eproms and replaced the batteries (AA cells and memoguard). So far still no success.

Do either of you have an idea?

My machine number is 2821-1009.
Software stand 4.274

Greetz, Frans

Wow...this must be worldwide "Weird Dialog 11 Problems" month....

You've probably already done this...but in case not...Re AA battery pack, have you checked to make sure you have at least 4.5 volts at the board itself ? (sometimes there is corrosion on the battery holder contacts)

Other than that all I can suggest is contacting Michael at FPS in Germany... he seems to be the ultimate D11 guru...although even he doesn't know everything, but can often point you in the right direction at least, for self discovery.

2306 External axis lock is given

Notice: hardware input "feedlock in all axis" has 0 V (negative logic)

Effect: display notice and axis lock

Remedy: release hardware input " feed stop in all axis" (see hardware plan of the inputs/outputs) by giving voltage

Thanks for your information.

I have not been able to trace the problem with the hardware input.
But I did find a solution. It appears to be too low a temperature in the electrical cabinet. Last night I had a heater blowing warm air into the electrical cabinet and this morning the machine worked right the first time. Also, now I have no error 2306.

Usually at night the temperature of the room drops to about 10 degrees Celsius. Apparently that is too low for the electronics ...

If you can leave the control on and just turn the servos off. This keeps the electronics at a fairly constant temp. My d4 and 3m controls do better being let on. I only power down if the electricity goes off to avoid spikes and dips when it comes back on and thunder storms a lightening strike would be fatal.
Dave

I usualy turn the machine off with the main switch at the rear. The control and servos stop, but the SPS keeps under power. After a while (few hours possibly) the red led on the NPP04 comes on. And there is my error 2306.
I have learned that temperature related problems likely have something to do with voltage dropping. So, i am going to try to test the voltage circuits.

I've had overheat issues with electronics before but never "too cold" issues. But then it rarely gets cold here. Perhaps keep a standard incandescent 60 watt lamp on, inside the cabinet.

I try to keep my old electronics at a constant temperature as possible. I have a trak readout on my lathe if the temps change the eprom chip walks out of its socket.
so I leave them on constantly. same with my 1981 anilam crusader control on my bridgeport. temperature change causes expansion and contraction of the different materials causing movement in boards and chips and joints. creating possible problems
The light bulb idea is good i kept my car running with a bad battery for a whole winter using a trouble light under the hood at night and at work during my shift until i could afford a new one
Dave

My experience with MPHL Running

MPHL.jpg

This winter the further the temperature in my workshop fell, the more persistent the following problems emerged:

When the main switch was turned on, the message "MPHL RUNNING" appeared
The machine no longer responds to any keystrokes
Switching off the control does not change either.
Rather, the NSV gets stuck on the error message "F.2".
Even multiple RESET on the NPC does not change anything.

At the same time, the “ERRROR” diode on the NPP came up.

Also in combination with the "NOT READY" diode of the NPC with simultaneous NSV display "1.7" or "1.2"

1-7.jpg

The control can be started up to a limited extent in the NSV switch position KD, but does not react to any inputs there either.

A CMOS error message also came up during one of the start-up attempts
CMOS CHECKSUM0085329A

CMOS.jpg

Remedy:
Due to a similar error description in this thread, remedial action was first attempted by heating inside the control cabinet. (Workshop temperature winter approx. 14 ° C)
This brought an improvement for a few days. In the end, the error occurred again frequently.
During operation, the control indicated block processing, but no longer responded to any key input. When the control was switched off, a falling relay could also be heard, so that the drive had failed completely, as if the drive had been switched off.

By replacing the NPP card, with a spare the machine works properly.
My idea was that one of the GAL / PAL components of the NPP is probably defective.
It could not be one of the EPROMS because the checksum test does not give any error messages after starting the machine.

All PAL / GAL ICs of the defective card were checked with a programming device and two unreadable ICs were identified.

Lattice GAL 16V8 Nr. 44209-640-41
Lattice GAL 20V8A Nr. 44209-640-51

After exchanging the two ICs, the replacement card was replaced by the repaired card and the machine starts up again perfectly and moves to the reference points.
Yeaa...

After approx. 3 days, the (workshop) fuse failed (happens sometimes) when the machine was switched on. By inserting the fuse, the machine could be started, but shortly after the start-up it again showed "MPHL RUNNING"
A reset on the NPC gave the machine a normal start.
During operation, the controller briefly got stuck when characters were searched for or exchanged in an extensive program (approx. 12000 lines) with the editor. It appeared that the controls had problems with that. When trying to stop the edit process, the control came up with the following image, whereby the control no longer reacted to any key input:

2306.jpg

Error 2302 "emergency shutdown"
Restarting the control did not cause any further problems.

After about 3 weeks, with the machine barely starting up in the meantime, the error message MPHL RUNNING appears again.
Replacing the repaired NPP card with the replacement card eliminates the error.
The PAL / GAL ICs of the defective card were checked again and for this time two other unreadable ICs were identified:
GAL 16V8 Nr. 44209-640-61
GAL 16V8 Nr. 44209-640-81
After exchanging the two ICs, the replacement card again was replaced by the repaired card. But but this time a clean start was not possible.
The situation now is that the NSV shows an F.2 and the NPP shows the ERROR LED all the time.
So it looks like that there is another component on the NPP defective. A visual inspection gives no indication.
Now I'm finished with my Latin.
The machine now runs normally with the replacement card. Perhaps one of you has an idea what to check next at the NPP…?

Did you take a look at the saft battery on the NSP module?

Had it happen to me a couple of times before that my D11 contol would be stuck at MPHL RUNNING.

My solutions has always been:

Open up bridge 18 on the NSP module
Put the board back in the control and boot the machine back up.
Shut the machine down.
Take the board out and close bridge bridge 18 (solder the connection back in place).
Also while you're at it, check the saft battery voltage and replace if needed.
Put the board back in and boot the machine up.

Be carefull because you will LOOSE all machine parameters and tool data with this methode. So make sure you have a parameter backup.

This methode always worked for me.

Having components repeatedly fail is a sign of something else being wrong.
The fact that the Lattice chips suddenly become unreadabe might mean they're dying due to a bad supply voltage?
I'm just speculating but it might be worthwhile to check all the supply voltages, preferably with an oscilloscope to make sure nothing is spiking severely (especially when powering things on).
I think it is quite reasonable to assume that hammering the IC's with brief spikes of 8-24V could cause them to fail in such a way

Many thanks for reply's and all the information.

The NSV voltage is fine and also the battery on the NSP.
I have not open up the bridge B18 on the NSP. Perhaps I will do that later.

In the meantime and very unexpected there were also problems with the exchange card.
The control hung again while I was using the editor and suddenly the ERROR diodes of NRP and NPP with error code F1.2 at the NSV came up.
After turning the machine off and on the screen came up with the error code 1013 in the NPP line and “selftetst stopped: to many errors”.
So I pulled the spare NPP, and started to check all the GAL /PAL and also the EPROMs on this card.
No errors.

The last helpless thing without soldering was the idea to change the Motorola processor MC68020UM.
After this the machine came up perfectly and normal. So i gave her a lot to do by running a four hour program using all functions including the editor several times. Everything was perfect.
Yesterday also the machine worked the whole day perfect and without any kind of problems.
So i think, because i raised a lot of IC legs, i guess it could be a contact problem at one of these.
On the other hand perhaps the Motorola CPU had a damage.
For proof if it was the CPU or not i will go to change it again next week an let you know about the result.

Back