What's new
What's new

ffp1 activ 1983

chilton

Plastic
I need help with this one
The inboard end of my FP1 cross slide bellows has come detached.Not sure how this can be re attached, can anyone please assist with this?

Not sure how this can be re attached, can anyone please assist with this?

I am not sure which axis you are talking about, and also not sure if all Deckel machines are the same. But on all of the ones that I have seen (including my own) the X and Y bellows are secured with snap fasteners, like those used on clothing. So you should be able to just press/snap the bellows back into place.

I am not sure which axis you are talking about, and also not sure if all Deckel machines are the same. But on all of the ones that I have seen (including my own) the X and Y bellows are secured with snap fasteners, like those used on clothing. So you should be able to just press/snap the bellows back into place.
The later Activ machines are the same in that regard as the older models... snap fasteners. Sometimes difficult to get to with enough pressure by fingers alone, but a flashlight (oops, I mean "torch") to line up snaps with fasteners, plus half inch or so diameter short wood (so as not to damage the fabric) dowel, and tack hammer will do the trick.

Back