What's new
What's new

FP2 Active Heidenhain Dead Ideas?

adh2000

Titanium
FP2 Active, 1982, TNC113. I was using the mill manually, watching the Heidenhain display as a DRO. Used the machine for around an hour when the display, all three axis, starting to flash. Two seconds on, two seconds off, etc etc. That continued for about 30 seconds when the whole display went dead. I have not been able to get it to come back on. The flashing on and off for 30 seconds seems like a battery dying kind of thing but in my online searches I don't see any indication of a battery in the TNC113. Any ideas what to check?? The power feed buttons work as normal, but the upper HH dro display box is dead as a door nail.

Only time I've had flashing, it was a single axis and related to reader head and scale alignment after a little accident....doing it on all three axes at once, would be a very good trick though!

Manual isn't at hand, which I think had common fault displays, but seem to remember a historical archive at HH?

I've now repaired two HH counters. In both cases the problem was the power supply, and was easy to fix. In one case it was a bad electrolytic capacitor, and in the other case a bad three-terminal voltage regulator. So in your shoes I would open it up and check the power supply lines with a voltmeter and a scope if you have one.

Cheers,
Bruce

Back