Login to Your Account
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Country
    GREECE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    This thread which I started some years ago is an old thread, but since people here still refer to it, I thought I would add a pointer to a recent beautiful FP2 restoration being carried out by Mannie from Austria. He obviously has a lot of experience in this sort of work. The thread has hundreds of detailed photos of the tear-down and build up, and should be very helpful to anyone undertaking a similar project. The time you invest in going through this and studying the photos is well worth it, since it will save you time and help you avoid mistakes.

Here's the starting entry: Meine "Werkstattgeschichten" - Seite 9 - Zerspanungsbude

PS: if you don't read German I am sure Google Translate can render the pages in passable English. In any case the photos convey the bulk of the information.

Cheers,
    Bruce
    A lot of work...! thank the man for taking the time to share Bruce, you are right, this will be used as a reference from many.

BR,
    Thanos

2. Likes ballen liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    The time has come to mount the one-shot oiler that I bought a month or two ago. 8 ml per shot, 500 ml capacity. I used translucent plastic PTFE (teflon) piping which is rated to 18 bar, 4mm ID/6mm OD, so I could see the flow visually. The distributor has two needle valves to regulate flow.
    Sorry about the thread necro here, but I've been looking for photos of where a one-shot oiler fits and you linked this one into my FP2 thread.

The push-type oil gun that came with my FP2 is shot. It'll do the business after I fill it, the remainder of the oil in the main compartment just dribbles out slowly. While I've ordered a replacement from Franz Singer, I'd like to fit my FP2 with a one-shot.

Are you generally satisfied with your setup - did you end up changing it at all? Does the distributor do the business?

4. Likes ballen liked this post
    Country
    GREECE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sigurasg View Post
    Sorry about the thread necro here, but I've been looking for photos of where a one-shot oiler fits and you linked this one into my FP2 thread.

The push-type oil gun that came with my FP2 is shot. It'll do the business after I fill it, the remainder of the oil in the main compartment just dribbles out slowly. While I've ordered a replacement from Franz Singer, I'd like to fit my FP2 with a one-shot.

Are you generally satisfied with your setup - did you end up changing it at all? Does the distributor do the business?
    Well...it's not exactly shot...that's how they all are

6. Likes sigurasg, AlfaGTA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likely you have already seen this, but here is my setup in a first gen FP2.
    Pump is a "trico" pump bought new. Nice size fits the space well.
    Output double outlet fitting shop built. Feed through metering checks..(far side requires more oil)

Input is through banjo fittings screwed directly into original oil fitting threads.
    Used clear tubing in order to see if oil i being delivered (no air bubbles)

Works well. Might have a tendency to supply too much oil. (more than needed) as evidenced by the fall out of oil that ends up on the base top...
    Easily mopped up with shop toweling ...Figure more is much better than not enough.

Cheers Ross

8. Likes ballen, sigurasg liked this post
    Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sigurasg View Post
    I'm very happy with it, it's still in use and working nicely, and the slides and gearing of my machine are always well oiled. I typically give it a pump or two into each line at the start of an hour or longer work session. Every now and then I need to refill it, otherwise it requires zero time or attention. If I were doing it again I would probably add a third needle valve feeding a tube running across the support and connected to the oil nipple next to the X/Z shift lever.

10. Likes sigurasg, AlfaGTA liked this post