What's new
What's new

Fp2a

Has Dialog11 control. More modern than the Dialog4 but very expensive to repair most folks say.
Never had one , but unlike the Dialog 2,3 and4 controls which have discrete components and are provided with documentation as to circuit diagrams, the D11 is all modular, and no circuits available.....
Problem with a module, its a replace deal, and can be an issue even knowing which module is the culprit.

Also of note that this is the second generation of the "A" machines. First gen are really point to point machines. This is the full contouring version , has if i am not mistaken, vector spindle drive and does not
employ the gear shift for each spindle speed, but rather several gear ranges and a variable frequency drive on the main motor.

Cheers Ross

Problem with a module, its a replace deal, and can be an issue even knowing which module is the culprit.

Also of note that this is the second generation of the "A" machines. First gen are really point to point machines. This is the full contouring version , has if i am not mistaken, vector spindle drive and does not
employ the gear shift for each spindle speed, but rather several gear ranges and a variable frequency drive on the main motor.
FWIW, it is possible to repair the D11 boards at component level without schematics (I've done it numerous times)...but it almost requires one have another D11 machine to help, via swapping modules around, to pinpoint the bad module, and then the bad board within the module, and then the bad component on the board... via comparisons with a Huntron Tracker and/or knowledge of what is likely to be bad. Bottom line, in this country anyway, best to never own just one D11 machine.

Having said that finding the electronic culprit on a D11 can be so tedious I no longer recommend the machines and agree with Ross a later D4 control is more desirable.

Re VFD spindle drive that was only on the later FPNC-D11* models. The FPA-D11 used the same gear shifting as previous FPNC-D4 machines.

* VFD with one gear shift at 500 RPM

Back