What's new
What's new

FP4NC Dialog 11 Flip head problem

Supreme worx

Plastic
Hi All

can somebody explain to me the sequence i need to follow to flip the head from vertical to horizontal. My manuel doesnt realy explain it at all.

i did flip the head and then toggled the switch but is still only clamps and release the vertical tool even if it is already fliped and out of the way.

thank in advance

On the Dialog 4, you press the white tool change button, turn the rotary knob on the control panel 90°, and press the white tool change button again.

thanks, i have tried this to no success.

i have stumbled on to a post from Ross where he fixed a cam plate on one of his machines with Photos which led me to think that this could be the problem as when i flip the head the main spindle tool still clamps and releases iven if i toggle the switches as described.

Is it Posible to see if this plate is loose or broken without stripping the machine??

Does anyone have a Cad model or dimentional drawing of the Cam plate?

Thank you

On the Dialog 4 flipheads, I do not believe there is any electrical feedback regarding the head position or cam plate movement. I don't know about D11.

I did slide it back as far as i can and then toggled the switch on the control(D11) but nothing happended. still only clamp and unclamp tool in main spindle

Don't know about the D11 machines....but on the earlier dialog machines the cam mechanism is purley mechanical, no electronic connection...read, no effect on the control.
What the cam does is disengage the vertical drive when the head is moved fully to the rear. If you start your spindle with the vertical head fully to the read and flipped, and the drive for the vertical head (shaft face
with the square cross drive lugs) is not turning, then things are as they should be.

I believe your issue is one of exact procedure to select either horizontal or vertical spindle....
On the D4 version, switching the horiz/vert toggle switch has no effect unless you "call" for a tool change.

Here is how it works to change from vertical to horizontal......First you must push the tool change request or enable button (its the white button on the tool change pendant)
Now you can change the horiz/vert toggle switch (the one on the right side of the operators station).
Now you can engage the tool change by turning the toggle switch 90* to the right on the tool change pendant...
Hydraulic pump will start and the tool will be released on the previously selected spindle....

Install your tool holder, and grip it by returning the toggle switch on the tool change pendant to(90* to the left) the pump will shut off and the tool will be gripped....to complete the cycle, clear the tool change by pressing the white button on the tool change pendant once again...

Changing from one spindle to the other not only changes the spindle that the hydraulic pump to activate and release the tool grippers on that spindle, it also reverses the spindle rotation (electrically).
Because of the gearing present between the horizontal spindle and the vertical (they run opposite) to have all speed codes (S+ and S-) run the same way whether horizontal or vertical. there is logic associated
with the spindle selection that makes the rotation correction so you don't have to think about the differences.....

Your process may be different, but i will wager its some version of teh above process....
Cheers Ross

Ross

still can to get the tool to change this is moved to the side at this point.

i am maching some parts and sometimes i get a erros in the program radius deviation to large, what can cause this??

i am using an generic post from autodesk in Fusion 360

thank you

This is a very common error in the adaptive clearing method.Regulate entering angles and radial depth of cut to correct it, or use other strategies of milling.

This is a very common error in the adaptive clearing method.Regulate entering angles and radial depth of cut to correct it, or use other strategies of milling.

I only get it if i try doing a 3d profile when the gcode exports I J and K looks like the problem is with K because if i theek the settings to remove the K the program is fine. This isnt always posible and is frustrating. Im very new to cnc machining and dont have any formal training

In that case you have to visit the fusion forum, where you can find some updated postprocessors. Search for "DIALOG/DECKEL" threads.

Back