What's new
What's new

Friedrich Deckel , Michael Deckel

MikeLDN

Plastic
Hi guys,

Are these 2 companies related or is it just the same surname coincidence ?

Looks like grinders of Sxx type have the same design, and Friedrich Deckel machines been older then Michael Deckel.

Cheers

ISOG were purchased/saved by their distributor Lapmaster-Wolters, so ISOG products still being produced, albeit in low volumes. I was looking at the ISOG S11 T&C machine (formerly Deckel S11) pretty seriously, but decided against it as I didn't have space in my shop.

Think Michael Deckel was a relative (son, grandson?) of Friedrich. At some point around the 1950s or 1960s the company was split up, the milling machines stayed at "DECKEL". Michael Deckel started another company and took the grinders, Centricator and perhaps the step clamps and maybe some other small products that fail me at the moment.
Many years later, the Michael Deckel company was bought out/absorbed into/renamed ISOG.

The quality of products from both is very high, so yes "quality of Michael Deckel matches FD", IMHO.

I believe that the founder Friedrich Deckel had two children, Friedrich Wilhelm and Hans. The first son took over the firm after the founder, until the mid-60s. The son of the second son (Hans Michael Deckel) took over as the third head of the company and led it until it had financial problems in the early- to mid-90s. I think it was this grandson, Hans Michael Deckel, who started the firm Michael Deckel. And yes, IMO the quality of their products is very high, equivalent to FD.

Back