What's new
What's new

FS FP4NC Flip head, 3M control, Maho table, extras

Mud

Diamond
FS FP4NC w/ Flip head, 3M control, Maho table, extras

I bought this from PM member pops in 2010, there is previous discussion of it here. Pops bought it new. I parked it in storage not long after buying it, now I'm taking stock of the possible future and in the mood to sell.

It was in complete good running condition when purchased. Don Sentner inspected it before I bought it and declared it to meet OEM geometry specs. It has 125K memory expansion, 3D interpolation, on screen graphics, I started to clean it up and fix a few things like way wipers, and contracted a case of "while we're at it" OCD. The upper gearbox didn't disengage smoothly when the head was flipped, and the Y axis could have used some scraping and flaking, so it came apart.
While looking for a Deckel toolmaker universal table I was offered a FP7NC with a tilt/rotary table, and bought it. We moved the FP4NC out into storage "temporarily" to get the FP7NC in the shop, intending to get back to the FP4NC to finish it for my personal shop. Well, 9 years later, it's still apart and the 7 fulfills my needs for a toolroom mill. Time to sell to make room and time for other things.

In the meantime I've accumulated a few things for it. I have a complete extra 3M control from a low hours FP3NC. I saved everything from that machine that could possibly be used on the FP4NC like the spindle and servo motors, hydraulic and lube pumps, the hand pendants, plus more like the complete Y axis w/transmission and spindle, and the glass scales. Also have still more extra 3M boards and control cage. And more I've forgotten I'm certain. Bring a big trailer.

I have a tilt/rotary universal table from a MAHO MH700P I intended to mount on it. It is slightly bigger than the Deckel table, more the size of the fixed table. It does not have an encoder, It does have hydraulic clamping for rigidity. It has a dividing head plate attachment. So you can't use a digital position readout with this table. On the other hand you don't need the extra electronics to use it accurately. Plus it cranks in and out with the handle on the front, so it will swing larger parts when needed.

I also have a NOS overarm support for an unknown MAHO I intended to adapt to the Deckel, because the Deckel supports were only installed at the factory. Started on the prints for that before the machine was parked.

I have a couple horizontal arbors, some pull studs in imperial and metric, I have all the manuals and the orange book, etc.

Price for the machine, all the spares, and the Maho table, $6500. Without the table, $5000. I'll sell the table alone for $1800 if the machine buyer doesn't want it. I don't want to sell any Deckel parts before the machine is sold.

I also have a slotter head that will be available AFTER the machine sells.

I'm pretty sure I'll regret selling in a few years, so the prices are firm.

deckel.jpgDSC03321.jpgDSC03335.jpgDSC03464-1024.jpgDSC03912BB.jpg

I've shifted gears, no longer need 2 Deckels but do need more space. Anyone interested in the FP4NC and all the spare parts for $3500? I'd think there's at least that much in parts there - 2X motors scales and control parts, transmissions, the flip head. The Maho table for $1000?

I hope to see it go to a good home.
The control is unusual in the Deckel world, but it can do anything.
Since they are so uncommon controls are cheap when they come up.
I have been trying to get rid of a control for 650€ for some time.
At least with a Siemens unit one has a manufacturer that still exists and documentation is available online and the control was installed in many other machines. Only the input control housing/panel is a unique Deckel customization (which has a "GE" logo cast into it) to make it look like Deckel had any say.

Reactions: Mud
The 3M was a very expensive option, $12,900 in 1987. The original owner did mold making with it, he bought the 3M for the larger memory and faster processing speed.
I figured having 2 complete machines' worth of controls and components plus a box full of spare boards would greatly reduce the chances of needing to have board repairs done. From what I've seen of sample programs, the 3M programs a lot like a Fanuc. Pops gave me his Mastercam and post processor for it.

Last edited:

Back