What's new
What's new

G&M Tools in the UK appears to have a few pieces of Deckel 40 Int stuff Sep 2017

I use them (as did my brother before me) and can recommend them as a satisfied customer. Their warehouse is like Aladdin's cave, and I like to drive across with a friend, take in a pub lunch, and spend a happy hour or two browsing. I've never yet come away empty-handed.

George

I use them (as did my brother before me) and can recommend them as a satisfied customer. Their warehouse is like Aladdin's cave, and I like to drive across with a friend, take in a pub lunch, and spend a happy hour or two browsing. I've never yet come away empty-handed.

George

Ha ... as above, it's nothing like it used to be! ... a lot of rubbish in there now and the "Gems" are harder to find ... but when you do it's worth it.

To those who have not had the pleasure yet - BEWARE!

I've seen an elderly guy try to offer "Digger" an insulting lower price on something and after a brief confrontation the guy was told to "Go away in short sharp jurky movements" and told "I'd rather smash the tool up than offer it to you" :angry: ... followed by the tool hitting the floor with great force!

John:typing:

They've had several pieces of Deckel tooling over the years that I have bought. No point in arguing or negotiating when they are the only ones who have the part.

...I've seen an elderly guy try to offer "Digger" an insulting lower price on something and after a brief confrontation the guy was told to "Go away in short sharp jurky movements" and told "I'd rather smash the tool up than offer it to you" ... followed by the tool hitting the floor with great force!

John:

I've never seen that side of him, but maybe because I have better manners (and more sense) than to make an insulting offer to a man who is trying to make a living selling second-hand things.

George

Most dealers over here are short on stock. There was a large dealer near me and he only dealtin large high quality machines indeed dsg type 21's were small machines. Now he has a few colchesters and general junk.
E bay must have hurt them too.

There's a Fairbairn lathe in their listings, never seen one of those before (it's not listed in lathes.co.uk)

I've been dealing with Tim and Digger for more years than I care to remember ! Always a pleasure and always polite. I have seen them in 'hectic mode' when running a 'boot fair' type stall at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, but they were largely shifting their 'less desirable' items to the unwashed public :)

Sadly I fear that the time will shortly come when the pressure to sell their premises for new housing will become too great. Tim's father established the set up as a feed merchant years back and from initially dealing in antiques they moved into machinery and took more and more of the premises over.

Back