What's new
What's new

German readers, what do you think of this CNC retrofit package on German eBay ?

Zero information about the actual control. Just BS blurbs about peripherals and ratings like saying IPS rated servos. All gravy. No meat'n'potatoes. It does say you can control the machine over a Windows7 or Windows10 network with its "convenient network interface", but that doesn't really say anything, specifically about the control. Free updates via the cloud, though, so its definitely worth it. :rolleyes5:

What ZK said. Looks a vague - "buzz phrase generator" level of vague, even - sales blurb for a start-up / even Kitchen Table Experimenter touting their vapourware maybe. pilot release, probbaly - of a low-volume small-biz product.

Note the use of "our cloud server". Nothing "cloud" about that but the buzz-phrase.
I don't have to even leave my own den nor local 10-Gig copper to duplicate THAT bit of commercial puffery.

Dasn't mean it's BAD gear.

Just that it's an orphaned-in-advance, worst-case, solid but minority-player / provider at great distance best-case ....... dice-roll.

Feelin' lucky?

:)

Have Website, will travel. On facebook, have a "blog", even You-Tube. Google Maps should show the size of their plant - presuming it isn't shared with a ladies undies shipper.

Touches all the bases.

Now... where does one find a "track record" in the field and the financial fundamentals that assure they are not likely to be tits-up in another year or three?

Looks like mach3 software
CNC-Steuerung Die wahrscheinlich kompakteste Full Closed Loop Steuerung CNC-Artikeln - CNC-Steuerung-Retrofit mit IP-Steuerung

Here’s the manufacturer of the servos being sold.
Looks pretty solid.
Started in 1971.
Extensive servo drive and vfd offerings.
A dozen officesinthe USA.
PLC and building automation.
Products - CNC Solution - CNC Machine Tool Solutions - Delta Group

Looks like the motion controller is Galil.

Company looks like it builds good panels.
The parts look good.
But its still a mach3 based system...a good one

Looks like mach3 software
CNC-Steuerung Die wahrscheinlich kompakteste Full Closed Loop Steuerung CNC-Artikeln - CNC-Steuerung-Retrofit mit IP-Steuerung

Here’s the manufacturer of the servos being sold.
Looks pretty solid.
Started in 1971.
Extensive servo drive and vfd offerings.
A dozen officesinthe USA.
PLC and building automation.
Products - CNC Solution - CNC Machine Tool Solutions - Delta Group

Looks like the motion controller is Galil.

Company looks like it builds good panels.
The parts look good.
But its still a mach3 based system...a good one

Saying basically they are "integrators", and really - who is not?

For your OWN shop / business use, if the prices fit, roll the dice.

For a Dealer selling-on, not retaining, traditional name brands most commonly used with a given machine-tool might be more easily sold.

Just as important to a dealer, "the usual suspects" are not as likely to generate callbacks for the help he is not positioned to provide over the next several years. The name-brands have service channels - even if orphaned.

Assuming the control panel and display are part of the deal, at least they appear "professional"....unlike Centroid for example that still offers only rather goofy looking controls.

Assuming the control panel and display are part of the deal, at least they appear "professional"....unlike Centroid for example that still offers only rather goofy looking controls.

For your OWN use? I'd bet on you to be able to build a better system than EITHER out of "parts bins", and give odds, the bet is that safe.

For selling-on? Centroid (for just one example) may be "what it is", but lots of folk KNOW what it is and can make their bet on a known quantity - warts and all.

May not be "fair" to stack the deck against hard-charging new entrants who might, in fact, very much have their s**t together. Most among us having other priorities, we'd far rather a reasonable number of OTHER pioneers take any associated arrows in the arse FIRST.

"Bleeding edge" companies and technology, running portions of major networks on Alpha as well as beta?

Terry Matthews once went so far as to get out of his chair and sit me behind his own desk at Mitel to make a sale from a side-chair. Can't say I was "privileged". Might easily have been a standard sales tactic for Terry.

Sadly, Cable & Wireless in general - and I personally - were weary of the cost of other suppliers bandages by then, even though he DID have what proved later to be a rather good product.

Back