What's new
What's new

Has Abene ceased operations, or just ceased building new machines?

Spud

Diamond
Can't find the Abene website anymore. Last time I checked was a few months ago, and they were still around.

The below webpage has pictures of new Abene machines but it looks more like a distributor than the factory site.
https://site.binkertag.ch/Portals/0...LXFqDzig/Link/AbeneVHF_Gesamtbroschure_DE.pdf

This site looks like it only deals with service and parts.
VEMU | ABENE – Reservdelar och verktygsmaskiner

Below archived site is what the factory Abene homepage looked like
Abene Machine AB

Yes they are done!

I bid on an auction from the leftovers ABENE had after the bankruptcy last year.

I think SMT-Swedmill (Swedish Machine Tool)took over the "trademark" ABENE but I´m not certain about that.

Best regrads
Henrik

Yes they are done!

I bid on an auction from the leftovers ABENE had after the bankruptcy last year.

I think SMT-Swedmill (Swedish Machine Tool)took over the "trademark" ABENE but I´m not certain about that.

Best regrads
Henrik

What did you get? And did a company buy up the spares etc...? Was the auction online, and do you recall the name of the auctioneer?

I have a VHF-340 ii , so am interested in spares and accessories, though not in a position to buy anything right now.

Hi Spud,

I just made a bid, but did not won that auction. If I remember it correctly it was on one of the bigger online machine auctions like ps.nu or Toveks maybe Klaravik (all these are swedish websites .(se). I dont remberer that auction had any kind of spareparts for the mills but I do recall they auctioned all of its museum machines. (Abene had an area they saved some old machines and some very very old, like a mini museum) I laid a low bid on one of those and it went above my bid.

Best regards
Henrik

Hi Spud,

I just made a bid, but did not won that auction. If I remember it correctly it was on one of the bigger online machine auctions like ps.nu or Toveks maybe Klaravik (all these are swedish websites .(se). I dont remberer that auction had any kind of spareparts for the mills but I do recall they auctioned all of its museum machines. (Abene had an area they saved some old machines and some very very old, like a mini museum) I laid a low bid on one of those and it went above my bid.

Best regards
Henrik

Any idea what the new model Abene mills cost when the company was still operating?

I have run across ps auction while googling Pullmax. It looks like an Ebay type auction site but I am not sure, so is it like Ebay?

Last edited:
Hi Spud,

Not a clue! on the prices just before they where done or even earlier.

Auctionsites like: PS.nu , Toveks and Klaravik are not really like the Ebay.
The bidding system works very similar, but the items on the auctions are most always items from a complete bancrupsy where the trustee in the bancruptcy let the auctioner take care of the hole sale. Or just a company that whants to clean out some of its machines or parts who let the auctioner do the job for them.

I really love these sites when its from a bancruptcy. Beacuse even if the price dont reach the reserve price, it will many times be yours anyway. (The trustee of the bancruptcy will have even more expencies and work taking a machine of high weight out from a building and transfer it to the scrapyard).

Best regards
Henrik

Back