What's new
What's new

Heidenhain 1980's vintage Active DRO... anyone remember the cost for a rebuilt one ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Heidenhain TNC 113...... three axis like Deckel used on the final generation mills that had DC drive. Seems like Singer and/or FPS used to sell them....but the cost may be way up there without a "core" to trade.... anyone know ?

=============================

(on edit) Ok, here it is and once you deduct the VAT, the price is not bad at all.....except that is with exchange...suspect the price is pretty painful without....

TNC113 im Austausch, (Exchange-Service) Digitalanzeige von Heidenhain | eBay

FPS selles a replacement for a TNC 113
It is PLC technoligy It looks the same as a HH
Plug and play
Price is around €2500 I believe

Here is a TNC111 for sale but thats only metric

Peter

FPS selles a replacement for a TNC 113
It is PLC technoligy It looks the same as a HH
Plug and play
Price is around €2500 I believe
Interesting.... I suspected FPS might have something like that since they have them on their new machines. Only problem is the price ! In comparison I can buy a brand new Heidenhain ND780 for $970.

I also wonder if they are truely plug and play....from a plug standpoint....are they still using the "antique" round 9 pin connectors on brand new DRO's ? If not, the 9 pin round to 15 pin D sub type adapters are around $100 each !

Of course in theory one could solder up your own 15 pin D sub connectors, but it is a PITA.

Sorry Peter but that thing is just too "un official" looking for my taste.... I'd sooner "straight wire" beyond the Active function and put in an old Heidenhain VRZ DRO than that.

I'll bet you are the same and that is why you still own it, right ? :stirthepot:

It is fascinating that someone besides Heidenhain jumped on the "Active" bandwagon for a few years.

Milacron

Back