What's new
What's new

Heidenhain LS 903 Reader Parts

markp

Hot Rolled
I got a "V" error yesterday on my FP41NC in the Z axis. The lip seals are shot and some crud/coolant got in there. I took the scale apart and cleaned it out. Pretty dirty. The coolant or whatever had destroyed most of the lip seal which was sitting in the bottom of the scale and I saw that 2 of the tiny little bumpers that hold the light in place were rotted leaving the housing tilted. It works if I put a bit of foam rubber behind the bulb housing to press it down but gives a scale error if the bulb housing is at an angle.

I saw somewhere here that you can buy the lip seals, Ill have to search for that unless someone knows offhand. But does anyone sell those tiny rubber parts? Looks like they could be replaced with a microscope by pulling the bungs through the holes with a tweezer.

Also, I looked at my parts book and cant see where the scale head barrel connector lives or if there is one. Ive got a portable microscope but Id rather do the repair away from the machine if possible.

Probably on a different place on the FP41/42 but does anyone know for sure if the reader cables terminate at a barrel connector or are they wired directly on FPNC's?

Attachments

• ls903.jpg
    ls903.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 872

Back