Heidenhain ND960 Scales Compatibility. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The scales finally arrived and I managed to solder the wires into the new connector. The scales are all reading and measuring their correct lengths.
    I have one issue, when I turn the DRO on, I get the error message "AMPL. Z TOO LOW" and the Z axis numbers flash on and off. It doesn't matter which scale is connected to the Z axis, the message is always on the Z axis. The Z axis seems to work and measure fine but the error message always comes up. I can make the message go away by turning off encoder monitoring in the operating parameters but I am wondering if I missing something or there is a defect with the DRO?

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Degull View Post
    The scales finally arrived and I managed to solder the wires into the new connector. The scales are all reading and measuring their correct lengths.
    Glad to hear it!

I have one issue, when I turn the DRO on, I get the error message "AMPL. Z TOO LOW" and the Z axis numbers flash on and off. It doesn't matter which scale is connected to the Z axis, the message is always on the Z axis. The Z axis seems to work and measure fine but the error message always comes up. I can make the message go away by turning off encoder monitoring in the operating parameters but I am wondering if I missing something or there is a defect with the DRO?
    From what you have written, it sounds like something is wrong with the DRO encoder monitoring. I would simply turn off the monitoring function.

Here is a good check, if your scales have reference marks at both ends. Zero the DRO on one reference mark, then traverse and measure the distance to the other reference mark. It should be exactly correct to within a few microns.

Example: LS803 ML 520 scale, has reference marks 35mm from ends. Hence the distance between reference marks is 520-2x35 = 450mm. Set zero at one reference mark, and traverse to the other one, stopping count on its value. Your DRO should read 450.000mm.

This is a check that no counts are lost over the 450mm length in the middle of the scale.