What's new
What's new

Heidenhain tnc111

Boat Brat

Aluminum
Hi All,

Well I have finally plugged in my new to me FP2. It didn’t go as I had hoped! I cannot get the dro to make any sense. Is there a initialisation procedure? Or just turn it on and go?
The small display on the top right seems to be working ok, I can type in a number and it comes up there. I can select a axis using the orange Botton and get the corresponding led on the left light up. I have had the number on the axis flicker and change by one or two when moving the axis. Sometimes when I turn it on all axis are at zero and sometimes at 5. The led indicating the index point come on sometimes when moving the axis but never go off again until the power is cycled.
Can anyone shed any light on this situation? Any help would be appreciated!
I have attached a picture of the display for reference.

AAAACCB6-9A33-4EB0-B77B-274A304901D0.jpg

Hi Peter,

I have found a 2 page manual in English. From that it just seems to be turn it on and go. Was hoping that someone had a bit deeper knowledge than those 2 pages. I’m assuming that it is faulty… but would like to explore a bit more before shipping it off.

On the dokumentpage on heidenhain.de or com you find the usersmanual and more I only have my phone at hand now and that makes searchi g harder as at the laptop or computer

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the pointer. I found a German manual on the site. Unfortunately it doesn’t shed any light on the situation. Well the google translate version doesn’t! Something may have been lost in translation…
Turned it on this morning, only displays 5 on each axis now.

With Heidenhain or for that matter any DRO of this age the first thing to check is the power supply to make sure all the rails have the correct voltage. A goodly percentage of the issues I saw in the past were power supply related. There should be indicator LED for each rail but double check with a DVM to make sure they are at the right voltage as the LED will light with reduced voltage in may cases.

Back