What's new
What's new

Heidenhain TNC360 error

noltelouis

Plastic
Good day all.

Sso I had a previous post where I stated I can get a Deckel FP3nc for a decent price (the transport cost more that the machine!). Anyway. So I got it today, and was aware of an error that the seller spoke about. He was about to scrap the machine, so I tought I’ll take a chance.

It has a Heidenhain tnc360 controller, which I suppose was a retrofit job. This is the start-up screen with the said error. Any ideas of how deep I’m in, and what it will take to try and sort out? “Check sum error 1B”

8E3160A4-4085-4641-8BD6-7DFD9272F175.jpg

That usually means your software has become corrupted. Would suggest re-booting the machine, if it happens again you likely need to get the parameters and re-load them. Reloading the parameters should be easy, but finding them might be difficult, depending on who did the installation of the control.

Looks like bad EPROMs to me. Most likely instruction (byte?) at memory location 0x76DB6 isn't a valid CPU instruction anymore and CPU (looks like they use Motorola 68k) calls exception handler, which displays data registers (D0-D7), address registers (A0-A7), and program counter on screen.

I'd get an eprom programmer and first read all EPROMs. Then I'd try to find someone with another working TNC360 and ask him nicely wether he might dump his EPROMs for you. If that doesn't work, you could try to figure out what was the correct instruction at 76DB6 (and hope it's the only place where the EPROM has corrupt data).

Maybe ask that guy here, if he can dump his EPROMs for a little cash. Software probably is cross compatible between machines (at least I hope so):
Heidenhain TNC 36 CPU T1 27 637 2 6 42 491 | eBay

Back