What's new
What's new

Help identifying these faceplates... for Deckel FP1 dividing head?

Cycles

Plastic
I was looking for a faceplate for my dividing head with MK4 mount for quite some time now. Lately I went to a flea market and found these two faceplates with 250mm and 300mm diameter. The previous owner didn't know where these belonged to but I was pretty confident that these are from a newer FP1 dividing head with the SK40 mount.

Even though they don't fit my older MK4 dividing head, I just couldn't say no to 140€ total... I'll turn a mounting flange for these faceplates to retrofit them on my dividng head, but just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone can definitely define these as Deckel's SK40 faceplates?

The inner diameter of the mounting flange is ~88,8mm and 18,8mm height with 4x M10 cap screws.

IMG_20211217_182846.jpgIMG_20211217_182831.jpgIMG_20211217_182756.jpg

I was looking for a faceplate for my dividing head with MK4 mount for quite some time now. Lately I went to a flea market and found these two faceplates with 250mm and 300mm diameter. The previous owner didn't know where these belonged to but I was pretty confident that these are from a newer FP1 dividing head with the SK40 mount.

Even though they don't fit my older MK4 dividing head, I just couldn't say no to 140€ total... I'll turn a mounting flange for these faceplates to retrofit them on my dividng head, but just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone can definitely define these as Deckel's SK40 faceplates?

The inner diameter of the mounting flange is ~88,8mm and 18,8mm height with 4x M10 cap screws.

View attachment 337232View attachment 337233View attachment 337234

I can confirm these are Deckel face plates, they look exactly like the ones I have!

These mount on the outside of the spindle, are you sure they won't fit your indexer?

Kevin

Be aware that there are two sizes of mounts like the ones you show in the original post.

The 40 taper dividing head (not FP1 specific rather applied across the entire FP line) which has an OD of 3.5" (the socket that mounts here would be slightly larger in ID)
And the spiral milling attachment. Has the same mounting setup as the 40 taper dividing head but the OD is smaller at 2.75"
and yes i am aware that this stuff is European, but i can absolutely verify that the spindle noses on both heads are made to inch dimensions.

All of which begs the question as to why Deckel did not use the same sized spindle nose for both attachments. Means that face plated, and chucks will not interchange without
a change of the back plated.
Cheers Ross

Back