What's new
What's new

How to add an external device to a Dialog 4

Mud

Diamond
I need to trigger an air operated indexer from my Dialog 4 control. I'd like to control 2 independently if possible, but I can link them together if I have to. Are there contactors in the cabinet I can use for this, or can I add contactors? I can use normally open contacts for a trigger, or I can use voltage like 24V, I just have to use the appropriate air solenoid on the indexers. The best setup would include a feedback circuit, the indexers have a contact to indicate that the index is completed so the machine can continue, that eliminates just programming dwells and hoping nothing goes wrong.

I also need to turn a 110V device on at the beginning and off at the end of the program.

This is my FP7, which does not have the connections on the X axis for accessories.

Then once the connections are made, how do you program them? Are there extra M codes available?

Has anyone been through this?

Get a hold of DD He has done things like this for other customers.
Might be worth a service call to get it done right the first time and not do something wrong and cause some costly repairs.
Dave

Dave is correct.
The Dialog will accept some additional M codes and trigger an output through the PC.
Think you will need to add a contactor for your specific need as the ones in the cabinet are all being used for specific functions i believe.
Owned an FP2NC Dialog2 that had several extra outs when i got it.
Who ever did the hookup was none too tidy and it just added complication so i removed the extras...Can't remember now exactly how it was done.
I am sure DD will be able to assist you in this.
Cheers Ross

DD did my Hardinge indexer, it can go on either of the FP4s. There are not that many extra M codes available on most Dialog machines. I wanted the two relay setup that you're asking about, but due to the time that was available I went with the one signal system. M code tells indexer to execute 1 block and I use a G4 F1.0 to allow for latency and indexing. It has worked flawlessly since it was installed, although care must be taken to insure machine and indexer programs are in sync when doing mid program starts. It's just me on the Deckels, so not an issue here. Took about a day to do both machines.

Back