What's new
What's new

M08 has no delay built in in D2

rimcanyon

Diamond
I add an M08 after every tool change, since the tool change shuts off coolant flow. However, by the time the coolant flow is full, the cutter has cut ½” or so. Is there any way to add a dwell? I suppose I could convert the G00 after the tool change to a G01 to slow it down, but I’m looking for a better solution than messing with feed rates. Maybe add a check valve at the pump outlet?

Not sure about D2 but in D4 you can use a G4 dwell, F is the time in seconds.
Check valve on the coolant wand is the best/easiest solution IMHO.

Another solution might be to go to a smaller coolant line. The one that comes from the pump to the valve at the wand is about ½" braided vinyl. ¼" or ⅜" would be less volume to fill. I keep the valve throttled down to control flow so the pump needs to both fill the tube and overcome the head due to the restriction. What size tubing are you using?

Whatever the factory size hose is - think it's16mm or 5/8"-ish.
Put a check valve in a long time ago (think the idea came from Ross)- never had an issue since.
Suspect you might still have issues with small hose, there's a fair amount of distance and a lot of gravity working against you.
Ran a bijur system for a while with very small tubes and it had the same issues until we put a check valve in.

Last edited:
Don't remember exactly, and I'm not near it to look. ISTR some adapting to euro fittings to make it work. I used a couple garden hose adapters after the check valve to make easily disconnectable for cleaning the tank.

Aren't coolant pump outputs normally in the 3/4 -1" pipe range? Oh wait... Deckel D2. Maybe not.

Never hurts to put a 2nd smaller check valve right at the nozzle or where the piping leaves the machine near the spindle. If using any Loc-Line type stuff, they have check valves you can insert right before the nozzle. With a dual setup, or even a perfectly working single at the pump, you will have instant on coolant.

Believe its straight...But i will check tomorrow...I did my FP4 with "Lock-Line" for the cool;ant and they have PSP fittings...don't think it matters in plastic if tamperer or straight...it just conforms.
Cheers Ross

Here's a photo of mine. Ignore what I said about hose connectors, that must have been something else. Your pump is probably different from this one.
20210308_110329_resized.jpg

Here's a photo of mine. Ignore what I said about hose connectors, that must have been something else. Your pump is probably different from this one.
View attachment 315879

Thanks Mud. Yes, I have the identical pump. It is installed 180 degrees from yours, but I like yours better, may change. So I plan on ordering a ⅜ NPT check valve and a pair of NPT-BSPT adapters.

Back