What's new
What's new

Macmon m100c vs M100e

Kobusvn

Plastic
Hi all,

I have two Macmon mills, the M100c was made (according to the nameplate) in Switzerland in 1973 and the M100e in Germany in 1989.

I was just wondering, does anyone know how their numbering system worked to figure out what the differnce would have been between them? This is now apart from the visual differences, ie, variable speed control and so on.

There seems to be a M100L as well, but hey.

If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have two Macmon mills, the M100c was made (according to the nameplate) in Switzerland in 1973 and the M100e in Germany in 1989.

I was just wondering, does anyone know how their numbering system worked to figure out what the differnce would have been between them? This is now apart from the visual differences, ie, variable speed control and so on.

There seems to be a M100L as well, but hey.

If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I recently acquired m100e from 1985. Were you able to find manual for these later generation machines? I only see the earlier Prvomajska ALG-100 manual which has some differences.

Last edited:
I appreciate the link! Mine appears to be even later, circa 1985, the hand wheels and associated quick disengagement assembly is bit different than what’s shown.

I appreciate the link! Mine appears to be even later, circa 1985, the hand wheels and associated quick disengagement assembly is bit different than what’s shown.
May I suggest that you post some pictures for knowledge and documentation purposes.
Prvomajiska is still in business, even if smaller and different than before the dissolving of Yugoslavia. I suppose they would supply technical information if asked. It's not like a spare part that when they don't have is not made anymore.

Some photos attached. Wondering if anyone had to tackle 380v 50c motor/control panel and convert for USA operation?

Attachments

• 1F7B8AAD-3E83-4AFA-AF01-3F5C5115E210.JPG
    1F7B8AAD-3E83-4AFA-AF01-3F5C5115E210.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
Manuals bought from Prvomajska are a real PITA
They insist on sending a hard copy But print is of so poor quality I insisted on the pdf file
A bit better but still poor
In fact the files on that french forum came from me
And in fact Prvomajska gives very bad support IMHO

Peter

And in fact Prvomajska gives very bad support IMHO
I've contacted them for the first time recentely, I didn’t needed any support but just made general inquries.
I got the impression that despite the good intentions, they are quite detached from the current market that is potentially there for the "not much" they can offer at the present time.

Last edited:
Interesting, there is no electrical cabinet?
If so they returned to the very first design of the A model, with all the components in the column.
But I think they just brought back the switches there.

Last edited:
Because voltage on a 3ph motor depends on the frequentie From 50 to 60 hz is 20% more So the perfect voltage would be 380 +72 =452 volts
As I understand it 440 is a much used voltage in the US So that would be a good choise

Peter

Because voltage on a 3ph motor depends on the frequentie
I am not sure what do you mean with that. In a power distribution system, voltage and frequency are values set by the supplier.
Nominal voltage at the source is indicated as an RMS value, hence it depends on frequency, but that has nothing to do with the number of phases, or the type of loads.
Incidentally the fact that tan RMS values of an AC voltage already takes into account the frequencies makes so that values taken for different frequencies are directly comparable.

From 50 to 60 hz is 20% more So the perfect voltage would be 380 +72 =452 volts
If you are saying that one should increase the voltage supplied to a motor proportionally with the frequency increase, that is something unheard of, either in theory or practice, and potentially damaging or dangerous. And the paragraph that I wrote above about RMS explains why it is so.

As I understand it 440 is a much used voltage in the US So that would be a good choise
In fact that would be a bad idea. For a motor designed (wound for) for 380 - 400V, supplying a nominal 440V is too close to the upper value of the commonly adopted tolerance of - + 10%.
Below an article on the negative effects of overvolting motors

Last edited:
Interesting, there is no electrical cabinet?
If so they returned to the very first design of the A model, with all the components in the column.
But I think they just brought back the switches there.
Has electrical cabinet. I actually just ran it for first time with 380v transformer, all worked well. video here:

If you are saying that one should increase the voltage supplied to a motor proportionally with the frequency increase, that is something unheard of, either in theory or practice, and potentially damaging or dangerous. And the paragraph that I wrote above about RMS explains why it is so.
I must apologize to Peter for having said the above, that's incorrect due to my ignorance.. Someone on this forum has explained to me the basics of the magnetizing current (Volts per Hertz) and related calculations. Interesting matter that I still need to learn better.

Back