What's new
What's new

Maho 600 manual milling machines for sale

bladesmith5

Aluminum
Just wanted to mention that I posted 2 Maho manual milling machines in the "commerce section"DSC06862.jpg machines for sale. I made a mistake and posted them there instead of the for sale section in this this forum, thanks

Nice pair of machines. Pity my MH600 came with none of the tasty accessories.
Interesting that the standard vertical heads are different on each machine (2 bolt vs 4 bolt). My similar vintage machine has a different bolt pattern to either of those. Perhaps Maho used the snowflake design approach and made each one unique?
And I fail to see why anyone, even an early FP1 user, would ditch ISO40 for MT4

Charles

Hello Charles, yes strange about the vertical head configuration. Also note that the ram configuration is different as well. The orange ram has an additional 2" of travel and the hand wheel is straight while the ram hand wheel on the other machine is slightly canted? These machines ser. numbers are not that far apart, can't imagine more then a year off. I have no idea why they would change the hand wheel orientation. Totally agree about the MT vs ISO taper but you know there are some die hard Deckel members and if they have an assortment of MT tooling then it might make sense to swap spindles. I have a few original manuals for the machines so let me know if you need any info out of them. Thanks, Barry

Hello Charles, yes strange about the vertical head configuration. Also note that the ram configuration is different as well. The orange ram has an additional 2" of travel and the hand wheel is straight while the ram hand wheel on the other machine is slightly canted? These machines ser. numbers are not that far apart, can't imagine more then a year off. I have no idea why they would change the hand wheel orientation. Totally agree about the MT vs ISO taper but you know there are some die hard Deckel members and if they have an assortment of MT tooling then it might make sense to swap spindles. I have a few original manuals for the machines so let me know if you need any info out of them. Thanks, Barry

What are the serial numbers Barry? I'm interested from a rather obsessive and boring perspective only!

Thanks

Charles

Early MH600 x axis disassembly

I'm new to the site and first of all would like to say thanks for all of the great info. I recently bought and am working on an early Maho MH600 [the one with the motor mounted outside]. I am trying to disassemble it in order to clean the x axis ways. It appears that debris got into the ways and was dragged across them creating the gouges. I want to get it apart in order to clean it and make sure all the debris is removed. Although I do have a manual it does not include how to disconnect the vertical-work-table, spindle and etc in order to access the ways. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

How about you start a new thread, introduce yourself and tell us the story of how the machine came to you? How is it kitted out? What spindle do you have? Did you see the manuals that I posted here in "Machinery Manuals and Brochures" ? Good luck. David

Back