What's new
What's new

Maho MH500M schematics

mehatron

Plastic
Hi guys!

Not sure if this is the right section to ask, since our Maho 500M isn't exactly manual... But not quite CNC either :)

It features a Maho 134 "CNC" controller that can't do interpolation or any real contouring save for straight line movement. It is actually more useful than you'd think - for sort of automating tasks like facing, hole patterns etc. Which was probably great for simple batch work with repeatabilty in mind.

Long story short, we bought one for the purpose of retrofitting to what we call CNC nowadays - multi axis simultanious movement. It's a fine machine, Controls have analogue DC servos and ballscrews on all three axis, and some of the more precise Haidenhain linear scales of its era. It's basically CNC-ready. There was also a full-on CNC version of it too - Called the MH500W

Before we start ripping the thing apart, I have to ask if anyone has any documentaion on this machine, mainly electrical schematics. The machine works perfectly and I want some means of putting it back together if anything goes wrong (plus, I don't want to tug or measure electrical continuity to find out which cable goes where in the first place).

- Electrical schematics - these are the most urgent.

- User manual - we got that from the previous owner. It's in German though, not really my strong point. If anybody has an english version, please respond, otherwise we'll do with google translate

- 134 CNC controller manual - supposedly a seperate manual which we don't have. Not really urgent since it's a simple controller and will probably be ebayed off after the retrofit.

Thanks!

Back