What's new
What's new

Milling Machine, Hispano Suiza

I had one many years ago.

Nice machine, very stout construction, but weird handwheels layout.
IIRC, one of the handwheels is for x, and the other one can actuate any of the axis, depending upon the position of a lever.
There are no dedicated handwheels for y nor z (the small handwheel one can see at the back of the horizontal ram is for crancking the spindle manually - same as the bakelite handwheel at the back of any Deckel).

Also, the three dials are nested together at the end of the x carriage, in a rather unusual disposition.

Automatic feed on the spindle quill, with three feedrates and depth stop.

Have seen several like that ....think its the first one i have seen here in the states....
If the machine is like the cars it would be first rate.
Build quality and engineering on the cars is second to none!
Would love to know the real history of the machine tools...
Other car builders made machine tools, Ferrari and Maserati to name a few
Thanks for posting that.

Cheers Ross

Hispano actually had an Argentine Branch from the 30s to the mid 50s. They didnt make any milling machines that I know of, although they did make a pretty unusual aluminum submachine gun.
They mainly made cars, including one prototype model of El Redondo.
HISPANO ARGENTINA HISTORIA

Very nice machine, certainly en par or even better than Deckel FPs. Especially the table carriage is of better design, since it has better support and less weight shift and thereby less table rocking/tilting when moving from one side to the other.

I only knew HS for their WWII aircraft cannons, so far. Had no idea that they made such nice machinery.

Back