What's new
What's new

Monarch site offering Kunzmann

Monarch lathe split off as a separate company... 20? years ago? It all was lumped under Lucas precision along with L+S, and Natco/Carlton. Believe lucas alone was bought out by Fermat.

Monarch MT of NY, suspect nobody answers phone. Website has not changed in years. Believe building has a coil company in it now.

Monarch MT is still in biz, supporting existing equipment and selling new machines, the phone is the same as before. Yes, the website is very stale. They seem to sell only to large corporations, at least that seems to be their target. I'm gettng the best tech support I've ever had for any product from them, and their charges for board repair and etc. is cheap compared to other machine tool mfgs.

Monarch has been reselling Weiler lathes for quite some time (Monarch is the reseller I used to purchase my new model year 2019 Weiler lathe). Weiler bought out Knuzmann a while ago, so it would be natural for Monarch to also resell the Knuzmann product line. FYI, I've had a very positive experience with Monarch with respect to my lathe purchase. They also continue to sell new Monarch lathes as well.

Weiler bought Kunzmann a while ago, so they are using the same distribution companys

Klaus

Back