What's new
What's new

Mounted Accessory oil stop

AlfaGTA

Diamond
So the title is a bit vague, but i will try to clarify.,
I do a bit of running from time to time with a driven accessories (slotting head, precision boring head, and riser) mounted on my 1st gen ("Camel back") FP4NC.

Now i do own the factory blanking off shield that is used when running horizontal...no problem and it works fine...Slips into the dovetails and seals top the
end of the "Y" slide and to the front of the vertical head support casting (nests below the vertical head) when all is drawn back to give the horizontal clearance....

My question is does anyone know of a factory accessory that is intended to fit to the rear of an installed driven accessory like the slotting head....
When the vertical support is moved rear to give mounting space for the accessory, there exists some open space between the driven accessory and the vertical head assembly.

If you look at mu post (#3) in " Making a riser for the FP2" you can see my solution just to the rear of the riser...Simply a piece of sheet aluminum that is cut to fill the space..
I have bent one edge down to give a sort of stop to locate the material...
I am just wondering if Deckel ever addressed this issue and if so has anyone ever seen their solution?

Cheers Ross

Ross

I don't know for the FP4, but for the FP1 and 3, I just use the same original plastic cover in both cases and it fits perfectly between the accessory head and the vertical head support.

T:
Thanks for your response...
Yes i have one of those for my FP3, and you are correct it works fine or that machine.
My query was centered around the "NC's"
Those machines do not have the holes in the front of the "Y" ram to accept the pins from the cover you show.

Perhaps the Horizontal blank off for the "NC's"would work between the accessory and the vertical head retracted if the front edge flange on the blank was removed...
Guess i was just wondering if there was a "real" dedicated factory part for this...
Nice looking "3" by the by....

On edit...Thinking further about this perhaps you are on to something...maybe its as simple as jut removing (unscrewing) the locating guide pins. Will have to try this next time i have the FP4NC running horizontal...
Thanks for that little mind jog......

Cheers Ross

AlfaGTA said:
Those machines do not have the holes in the front of the "Y" ram to accept the pins from the cover you show.

IMHO those pins are not really usefull.
It's been à long time since the covers on my machines don't have them anyone.

Back