What's new
What's new

My New Machine : ACIERA F5

scorpa74

Plastic
Hello to all,
In October 2020, I bought an ACIERA F5 with tilting table and acu-rite DRO.
It is a 1974 model year

I would like to find:
- vertical table
- right angle spindle
- overarm-support-bearing (cast iron part)
- Spare parts manual.
I will clean and check it before use.

Vincent from Normandy (France)

Attachments

• 20201124_190024.jpg
    20201124_190024.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 20201121_102145.jpg
    20201121_102145.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Table inclinable.jpg
    Table inclinable.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 145
  • 20201030_164931.jpg
    20201030_164931.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 130
Vincent,
It's good to see another F5. That one is slightly newer than mine, but not much different apart from color (mine's gray) and "weathering." I am surprised to see those old-style fuses in the electrical enclosure. I'd like to find a right-angle spindle (universal milling head), too. I need one with a 40 taper input, preferably NMTB40, but ISO40 would be OK. Most of those heads seem to have ISO30 input.

I have a vertical table but have only used it 1-2 times in 5 years. It would not be high on my priority list knowing what I know now.

RKlopp

Hi Vincent. Your machine looks almost identical to mine. Even down to the model of DRO (although I have since removed the original 3 axis acurite) if you want any DRO parts I was about to throw it all in the bin. (Bad news is im in Australia.)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi,
@rbalexander : I would like your DRO parts.
Can you check the shipping cost for France please?

@RKlopp : do you want to sell your vertical table?

20210116_140641.jpg

here is a new picture of this machine :
20210116_140641.jpg

These fuses are still mounted in the germany's and swiss machines. French peoples don't like these fuses models...
It's hasbeen...
I will make a new electrical cabinet.

have a good day.

Vincent.

Looking good after she's had a bath! Does yours have the strange pushbutton setup mine has, in which you push the yellow button once to start the motor and once to stop it? In other words, toggle "on" toggle "off"? It's unsafe, because if you hit the emergency stop while the motor is toggled "on" its relay stays toggled "on," such that, when you clear the E-stop with the green button, the motor starts right back up! This applies separately to the coolant, feed, and spindle motors. Crazy Swiss. My 10-year newer F4 has more normal green start and red stop buttons for each motor.

here is a new picture of this machine :
View attachment 310716

These fuses are still mounted in the germany's and swiss machines. French peoples don't like these fuses models...
It's hasbeen...
I will make a new electrical cabinet.

have a good day.

Vincent.
I know these french fuses 10X32MM isn't it They cost aarm and leg over here The ones in the picture just peanuts
Peter

I don't know for the cost but I will mount only circuit breakers.
There are the same buttons of rklopp's machine, I must change they.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm french...

Vincent.

I would like dismantle some parts for cleaning them.
The ring of the spindle is worn out (at the rear). I must to change it.
in a few days, i should receive the spindle speed variator from switzerland.
I would like to buy accessoiries at GREUB in switzerland.
@rbklopp : is it a good dealer?

Regards.
Vincent.

Greub was OK the time I bought a fixed table and slotting head from them for my F-5. They helped with the customs and shipping, and the prices were quite reasonable, especially for the slotting head. On the other hand, the items were loose on an open pallet by the time they got across the Atlantic Ocean and Continental US. I am not sure whether that was Greub's fault or some intermediary's fault. In addition, of the fixed tables they had in stock, I think they might have shipped me the worst of the lot - there is a sand pore in the casting. It does not affect function.

I think GREUB bought the stock when ACIERA closed.
Thank-you for your feedback rklopp.
I intend going to GREUB in Switzerland with my van to buy parts.
I need right angle, tilting table and vertical table.
I am preparing a cabinet for accessories.
I have to build a specific carriage for easy change the tables. I will show you that in a future post.
Have a good day.
Vincent.

I know it's expensive in Switzerland but they are a lot of parts for ACIERA.
I will ask for a quote before the trip.
Regards.
Vincent.

Back