What's new
What's new

My new to me copy of a Deckel FP2 milling machine.

Shaybuilder

Cast Iron
I just bought a copy of a Deckel FP2 milling machine. I had never heard of the manufacturer and am wondering if anyone has heard of the manufacturer. It was made by the Beijing Instrument Company 26 years ago and is in like new condition. It was purchased by a retired machinist 25 years ago and put in his garage. He is moving into a retirement community and couldn't take the mill. He claims he has less than 100 hours on it and only used the vertical head. It was set up in his garage next to the wall where you couldn't get the draw bars into the horizontal spindle. Came with a fixed table and the universal table, 4 different size horizontal arbors, cat 40 tooling & holders for end mills and a full set of collets. Included was the indexing head and all index plates and gears for driving the index head. All the horizontal arbors, index plates and some cat 40 holders are still in the factory cosmoline and never used. The machine is extremely nice and seems very well made, 3 HP main drive and 1/2 HP feed motor for the 3 axis. The mill without the tables weight about 2100 pounds. Even came with a Kurt 6" vise. This mill has changed my opinion on some of the stuff from China but maybe 25 years ago they made some good machines. The guy even had all the manuals and parts books with it along with the original paper work.

Attachments

• 20200513_152603.jpg
    20200513_152603.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 20200513_152548.jpg
    20200513_152548.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 188
  • 20200414_125428.jpg
    20200414_125428.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Nice looking machine, i think from what i can see of it....Would like to see a side shot of the working side (operators)
China makes some nice stuff...just don't see it often as most of their products that flood the American market are price driven....
Cheers Ross

Machine looks good, I'm curious about your floor, is that ceramic tile? How did you move the machine into location without trashing the floor?

Machine looks good, I'm curious about your floor, is that ceramic tile? How did you move the machine into location without trashing the floor?

The floor is vinyl tile and some of it is trashed. My shop is in my house. When I built my house 34 years ago I wanted my shop inside where it would stay warm in the winter and cool in the Summer so it is a 24 x 30 foot room on a slab floor one step down off of the living room. Since that time I have filled it up with a Excello mill, 10 x 50 Webb mill, Clausing Colchester & Feeler lathes along with a lot of other machinery. The way I moved the mill was with my forklift, tractor and I made a frame to bolt to the base of the mill with some heavy casters to be able to roll it on the concrete and floor.

Looks a nice machine. There have been Chinese copies of a few high-end machines but as Ross says, they aren't usually seen outside of China.. rarely even pictures.

Back