What's new
What's new

NC index head stock No. ST50/ ST40

legoboy

Hot Rolled
I did a fairly thorough search of the form and have come up with very little info on these indexers. Diamondman and Deckel Fan seem to be the only people who have posted anything about them. The latest fp4nc I purchase has one but I lost the original parameters and suspect it may have some original settings. I was able to commission the rest of the machine except the rotary. So if anyone has any info to contribute in regards to these units please post. I will put up info as I go so that in the future the next guy will have some info to tap into.
Cheers

Lego,
Page 7-56 in the operators manual has instructions for the C axis display.
It is parameter #406. the setting is S10101100 to turn on the C axis and S00101100 to turn it off.
I have a NCT 400 on my 3M. I haven't tried the NC indexer on my 3M only on my D4 machines
Hope this helps.
Dave

Lego,
You need more than the Bosch boards to use the indexer. You need a card to plug into the counter board
and to match the settings under it (The 7 cross overs behind the blue connector . I assume the new machine has it. The counter board is #03315 and
the plug in one is #03390. If it doesn't have the 03390 one from any axis will work.
Dave

Thank you Dave, the rotary was working on the machine before I got it. So I am going to assume it has all the hardware it needs set up. My problem is the settings, I am aware of #406 which I did play with but i think it needs more than that setting adjusted. So far I can jog the rotary around a bit but I cant get it to home without causing an error code. So I think this particular indexer uses a little different settings than the NCT400. But If you would be so kind as to send me a copy of your parameters I could see what other setting are changed for the rotary table. Did you receive any documentation with the nc indexer? I would like to do some maintenance on it but have no info, it also has a chuck mounted to the face and don't see any obvious way of removing it so was wanting to know how you mount different things on spindle face.Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to get a hold of Don but he must be on the road.

I can jog the rotary around a bit but I cant get it to home without causing an error code.

Have you tried homing in both directions? Might sound dumb, but my FP7NC (D4) homes the C axis in - direction, not +.
Took me a while to figure that one out, because the book said +. No error codes though, just didn't home.
Does the rotary have a brake to release and apply?

I did try and reverse the homing direction but the control will only activate the home in one direction. When I toggle the setting nothing happens when press the axis buttons. There seems to be some kind of brake, when i jog the axis you can hear the hydraulics unlock and lock at start and stop.

The D4 manual has the specs and mounting instructions. It has a A2-6 taper(stub taper DIN5502 Size6)with a three and a 4 hole tapped face and either a ST50 or an ST40 i.d. taper with a draw bar. It also has a hydraulic clamp that automatically clamps after a position move or clamp or unclamp by M code (M27 and M26).
I use both the O.D. and I.D tapers to mount chucks or fixtures. Do you have a commissioning manual?
I think the parameters you are looking for might be in it. I had trouble homing my NCT table and found the wire to the machine was pinched in the housing from when some one worked on the table previously. I would check the connections to the table and to the machine.
Dave

Hi Dave, No I do not have any commissioning manual, the FP4NC manual only has the rotary table instructions. I do not have any accessories for the indexer, I do not have a draw bar for the spindle. I wanted to confirm I had the right settings before doing any further electrical or mechanical investigations.

Back