What's new
What's new

New FPS 300M ready for shipment

drcoelho

Stainless
My new model year 2019 FPS 300M ready for shipment from germany:
Machine (21).jpg

There are a lot of accessories, more photos to follow....

Attachments

• Machine (1).jpg
    Machine (1).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 384
It is a beautiful machine, I’d be interested in some close ups when you get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice looking machine! How much?

More expensive than I care to admit. FPS built a custom machine for 60Hz and also MQL (minimum quantity lubrication). There are a lot of accessories which cost more than the machine. Once it arrives in USA and I can unpack, I'll provide more photos of the accessories. A few of the more interesting add-ons include a couple of Benz Tools angle heads for which FPS built a custom bracket. FPS also manufactured several custom horizontal arbors with fractional diameters (versus the standard metric diameters used in Europe) so I can use my large collection of horizontal cutters. Surprising to me, FPS was able to supply the following:
- Spiral Milling Device
- the VERY rare FP1 Riser, which will allow my Fine Boring Head to be used with this machine
Also included are the:
- Slotting Head
- Fixed Table
- Swivelling Fixed Table
- Swivelling turntable with indexing (universal Table)
- Indexing Head

What was the machine purchased for? Anything specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Of course there are questions:
Nice looking machine, perhaps its the lighting but does not appear very shiny in the snaps.
Any comment?

I know that they (FPS) retained the 14 1/2 * pressure angle gearing for the spindle drive.
Wondering if they retained the original Deckel designed needle roller bearing spindles.
Can you tell us the top spindle speed?
Is that machine setup to run "Aktive" on all three axis?
Are the vertical "Box" ways hardened like the later FP-NC's?

I would be somewhat skeptical of a "minimum" lubrication scheme for the ways, knowing what i see on originals machines having problems with
the vertical ways....
Way oil is relatively cheap, wondering why you thought this change was needed?

Nice looking machine. Hope to see it in person when it is all settled in.
Thanks for sharing.....Love to get a sense of how quiet she runs in top gear.
Cheers Ross

More expensive than I care to admit.
Suspect you're concerned with comments like WHAT ?? Hell, you have bought two_____(fill in the blank)____________ for that kind of money ! :stirthepot:

My take on it is what the heck if you've comfortably got the money go for it, you only live once :cheers:

As someone who has spent too much money on fun, I'd say congrats and enjoy! It's worth every penny.

Lucky7

I would be somewhat skeptical of a "minimum" lubrication scheme for the ways, knowing what i see on originals machines having problems with
the vertical ways....

Cheers Ross

I would suspect that MQL is not related to the way lube but for the cutting tool coolant. MQL would be more practical on an open machine such as this.

Paul

Nice looking machine, perhaps its the lighting but does not appear very shiny in the snaps.
Any comment?

I know that they (FPS) retained the 14 1/2 * pressure angle gearing for the spindle drive.
Wondering if they retained the original Deckel designed needle roller bearing spindles.
Can you tell us the top spindle speed?
Is that machine setup to run "Aktive" on all three axis?
Are the vertical "Box" ways hardened like the later FP-NC's?

the vertical ways....

Nice looking machine. Hope to see it in person when it is all settled in.
Thanks for sharing.....Love to get a sense of how quiet she runs in top gear.
Cheers Ross

Not sure about the spindle bearings, will ask them.

Top spindle speed is 2000 RPM. I do have the high-speed head, and also plan on retrofitting a Rusnok head, both which go to 6000 RPM. And I've also got a NSK spindle for up to 80K RPM.

Yes, this is Aktive on all three axis. This machine is almost identical to the very last generation of Deckel FP1 built.

I'll check on the ways question.

The MQL option is for cutting, not for ways lubrication. I have both flood coolant option and MQL option...will mostly do dry cutting, but will have these options available if I need them.

Ross, you will get an invite to see in person :)

Back