What's new
What's new

New here! FP1 owner with some questions...

Boats69

Plastic
Apologies for jumping in the deep end with little introduction.

I am a new owner of a FP1 (MK2 I think, levers and serial# 38120).

It came with quite a few accessories, but the fixed horisontal table is clearly a homemade job.

I can get a table and an adjustable vertical head (it came with a fixed vertical head) but I am not sure if is off a FP1 or FP2 - is the table interchangeable?

Post dimensions of your FP1 table's T slot and spacing and I'll measure my FP2 tables...

I suspect the answer to your question is yes, but be aware the FP2 tables are bigger and heavier. May not be desired with your FP1.

L7

Hi there,

enjoy your new mill.

What would a 'fixed' or 'adjustable' vertical head be? All vertical heads for the FP1 are adjustable in some way.

Regarding the table, if the homemade one is rigid, accurate and useful (has the proper T-slots) I'd keep it. If not, I'd either go for an FP1 table or this sloted angle plate 90deg , sizes 600 x 210 x 180 mm - RCAW600T | slotted angle | MACHINE ACCESSORIES | RC-Machines EN (exactly the FP1 fixed table dimensions). FP2 tables would fit I think (FP1 T-slot spacing I think is double the FP2 spacing) but would remove some of the light feel that a light machine has as the main advantage over a heavier machine...

BR,
Thanos

Thank for the inputs and comments!

Yes, I was mistaken, both heads swivel. Now I have a spare vertical head and slotting head ...

This is the table, sorry about the poor quality photo from the advertisement of the seller, size of the working area is around 250mmx700mm.

900FB166-BB48-4DE4-800D-EDED2CEBCB3B.jpg

Back