New to me: Hauser 3BA - Anyone have manuals or other info ?
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default New to me: Hauser 3BA - Anyone have manuals or other info ?

I was offered a virtually 'free' 3BA with a 'if you can get it out of here by Friday' kind of deal (Z axis motor was damaged during a move). All the scraped surfaces I could see look to be in pristine shape. I got it wrapped, onto a reinforced pallet and transported to a friends warehouse. Now I need to design and weld up a rolling base for it and see if I can shoehorn it into my basement. It's a bit difficult to measure the proper weight bearing 'points' in-situ, so I'm hoping someone might have, or point me to, a manual with those dimensional details. recommended lubricants, operating instructions, etc. No pictures yet, unfortunately. Any advice, thoughts or leads on documentation would be very welcome. If this is the wrong thread I'm happy to repost elsewhere.

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi!
    I have been away for the weekend, but i have a 3ba and the manual to go with it. Nice machine! The z axis motor is not strictly neccesary, only useful. There is a crank as well to fit on the spindle at the front. I'll see if I dont already have the manual scanned. The most difficult thing to get fluidwise is the special fluid for the variator. I have it, but it costs a lot, and you may be well off with thin hydraulic oil.

Regards,
    Ole

3. Likes ballen liked this post
    Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You may view my (german) manual for 2ba here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7I...ew?usp=sharing

Ole

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The right fluid for the variator is Santotrac 50 from Santolubes Llc, but they only sell in barrels. Available in quarts from TBM inc, tel 800-825-1128 or from skygeek.com at 81.34 dollars (that's where I got it). You need less than 1/2 liter. TBM say they sell cheaper when close to expiry date, I don't think it matters much....

Ole

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 2BA manual

Hi Ole,

Thanks! I don't read German but some quality time with Google Translate will probably solve most of that

Right off the bat, I can see it shows the footprint info and recommended rigging instructions, which are exactly what I need to start with.

It should also let me get the tables off safely to lighten it up a bit and avoid any further possibility of damage while in transit.

I'm sure the 3BA will be very close, and that will be easy enough to double check since I now have something firm to begin with.

Very, very much appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Excellent, thank you - this will be very important when the time comes (still a ways off yet though).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you still have a copy of the manual for the Hauser 3BA I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy.

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you got a manual? If not: read and answer your private message.

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The 3ba manual is available here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixuXkj7rT9JxA_u...ReIqc?e=nWG1Bx
    Ole