What's new
What's new

New to me: Hauser 3BA - Anyone have manuals or other info ?

StarkFan

Aluminum
I was offered a virtually 'free' 3BA with a 'if you can get it out of here by Friday' kind of deal (Z axis motor was damaged during a move). All the scraped surfaces I could see look to be in pristine shape. I got it wrapped, onto a reinforced pallet and transported to a friends warehouse. Now I need to design and weld up a rolling base for it and see if I can shoehorn it into my basement. It's a bit difficult to measure the proper weight bearing 'points' in-situ, so I'm hoping someone might have, or point me to, a manual with those dimensional details. recommended lubricants, operating instructions, etc. No pictures yet, unfortunately. Any advice, thoughts or leads on documentation would be very welcome. If this is the wrong thread I'm happy to repost elsewhere.

Hi!
I have been away for the weekend, but i have a 3ba and the manual to go with it. Nice machine! The z axis motor is not strictly neccesary, only useful. There is a crank as well to fit on the spindle at the front. I'll see if I dont already have the manual scanned. The most difficult thing to get fluidwise is the special fluid for the variator. I have it, but it costs a lot, and you may be well off with thin hydraulic oil.

Regards,
Ole

The right fluid for the variator is Santotrac 50 from Santolubes Llc, but they only sell in barrels. Available in quarts from TBM inc, tel 800-825-1128 or from skygeek.com at 81.34 dollars (that's where I got it). You need less than 1/2 liter. TBM say they sell cheaper when close to expiry date, I don't think it matters much....

Ole

2BA manual

Hi Ole,

Thanks! I don't read German but some quality time with Google Translate will probably solve most of that :D

Right off the bat, I can see it shows the footprint info and recommended rigging instructions, which are exactly what I need to start with.

It should also let me get the tables off safely to lighten it up a bit and avoid any further possibility of damage while in transit.

I'm sure the 3BA will be very close, and that will be easy enough to double check since I now have something firm to begin with.

Very, very much appreciated!!!

Back