What's new
What's new

New Servo Drive Replacement for old Bosch Drive on Dialog Control Machines.

deckeldoctor

Stainless

Hello Guys,

Here is my first Servo Drive replacement on Deckels with Dialog Controls.

This machine was a FP42NC with tall cabinet Dialog 4 Control.

All 4 of my other Drive retrofits have been on machines that I have upgraded and have retrofit Heidenhain controls on to.

This drive I have chosen can do both lag mode and velocity feed forward with only an internal jumper change which is why I chose it.

This first retrofit to a dialog controlled machine took 6 days. It took this long because I designed this in such a way that I do not have do redo any future rewiring when ever I put a Heidenhain Control onto a machine.

This customer will be getting a New Heidenhain 530 or 640 Control after the first of the year and will be a 4 axis machine.

After completion of this retrofit I interpolated a 3” circle in aluminum plate .500 deep in 2 passes,rough cut was force milled,finish cut of .005 was climb milled. The TOTAL INDICATED RUNOUT was less than .0004 .

At this point this servo drive retrofit is not a do it your self conversion because of all the unnecessary wire that is removed along with 4 ballast resistors r4,5,6,7, with all the wire removal 8 contacts on 2 relays that are also unnecessary are taken out of the circuits.

I have 4 more of these drive retrofits to Dialog Controlled Machines coming up in the near future.

I am confident that my next retrofit will be done in under 20 hours or less including the mounting of the new drives and relays and rewiring the machine and optimizing the new drives.

Cost of the retrofit is $850.00 per axis plus installation cost.

For comparison here are prices for rebuilt boards from singer website for Bosch Drive TR20II .

Per axis takes 3 boards a regulator 047114,optimizer piggy back board 047116,power transistor board.

Regulator board without piggy back optimizer 827 Eur 880.00 usd

N-Regler fur Bosch Verstarker, im Austausch Deckel NC Frasmaschine | eBay

Power transistor board per axis 549 eur 584.00usd

Leistungssteil fur Bosch Verst. Deckel NC Frasmaschine | eBay

Optimizer is not currently on Singers Site!

My price for the piggy back card is 189.00 Eur $200.00 usd

This is a cost per axis is 1,576.00 euro or $1664.00 usd not counting shipping and duties from Germany and only if you return repairable cores for exchange!!

Other Bosch Boards!

Power Supply 839 Eur 893.00usd

Netzteil fur Bosch Verstarker im Austausch z.B. fur Deckel NC Frasmaschine | eBay

ballast board 490eur 522.00usd

Ballastkarte fur Bosch Verstarker, Deckel NC Frasmaschine | eBay

If You had catastrophic damage that took out complete drive for 3 axis Bosch 4728.00 Euro or $4992.00 USD plus power supply and ballast board would cost you 6057.00 EURO or $6407.00 USD. Not Counting shipping.

This cost could be a lot more if your exchange boards are deemed unrepairable cores!!!

First step remove old Bosch Drive Complete.

Mount new drives and relays, brown paper is to protect the PC from drill and tap chips from mounting new components.

Remove old drive transformer 380 to 165 and replace with new 380 to 120

Old unnecessary wiring removed!

Rough wiring done.

With this servo drive retrofit you have fewer 30 year old circuit boards to go bad in spite of the past reliability of the Bosch Drive, they are not any getting cheaper. Even if you buy new versions of the boards with far fewer components the are expensive!

If you have a 3 axis drive 8 or 11 boards depending on version of your drive.

If you have 4 axis drive 10 or 14 boards depending on version of your drive.

With my retrofit you will have 3 or 4 new modern drives !!

Regards
DD

Hello Hans

Surely you must be joking, because this is how I make my living! haha

But I felt compelled to share only with you my complete electrical prints so you can copy my retrofit.

Please keep an eye out for those prints I sent you by snail mail. haha

Best Regards
DD

decleldoctor, I am writng about an unrelated subject. I have a friend who has a couple of Deckel machines and would like to talk to you about them. Are you willing to share your contact info with him ? I am not sure of his present e-mail but if you would PM me I will see that te gets the info.

Thank you,

Ernie

Hello Ernie,

Thanks for the inquiry and passing on my name,it is how I make a living.

You can find me here LINK / Home

I am actually coming to Akron area in the near future for other customers.

Best Regards
DD

Yet, I am still curious as to how the 6KVA transformer could be replaced with a 1.5KVA ditto? Doesn't this downgrade the capabilities of the machine? Less max energy per sec to the servos?

Cheers Hans

Yet, I am still curious as to how the 6KVA transformer could be replaced with a 1.5KVA ditto? Doesn't this downgrade the capabilities of the machine? Less max energy per sec to the servos?

Cheers Hans

Hello Hans,

If the only thing you can recognize from the pictures of the transformers is the difference in the KVA rating.

Then I would would suggest you keep an eye on your post box for the prints I am sending only to you, explaining in every detail my retrofit design. haha :D

Get that new to you machine running and enjoy it .

Best Regards
DD

Hello Guys

I hope y'all are well and business is good.

I thought I would give an update to my drive retrofit.

I now have 5 of these retrofits in operation with no problems.

The customer that has the very first 4 axis drive upgrade has had no problem on his FP42NC D4 machine.

I have since sold him 2 FP4NC D 4 that we are about ready to install the same drives onto.

I love follow-ups. Shame about Photobucket being such jerks...

Now, how about working on a replacement drive setup for old Haas mills? You'd be snowed under with work...

[Semi-kidding, semi-serious]

This thread seems to contain the last PM post of DD… 3 years ago..anyone here heard from him of late ?

FWIW, I called him on Monday.... left message but he has yet to call back. I get hints from the woman that answered, combined with no Deckel Doctor website, that he's basically out of the Deckel business and working somewhere. :(

Old Deckel's I would think are becoming irrelevant in modern manufacturing. I was under the impression that he worked on all kind of stuff though. Who knows what his plan is, maybe he is retiring or semi retiring and winding down. I last talked to him a couple years ago.

Back