What's new
What's new

OK, spill it....which one of you is "goodoljunk" ?

He sure got it for a good price - I was expecting it to go quite a bit higher.

Cheers,
Bob Welland
Funny I had just the opposite reaction considering the condition looked iffy. OTOH, pretty rare item...possibly the first ever on eBay ?

Bunch of nosey ol' ladies we are....geeez :D

I put a max bid of $1310 on that. I recall you showing a picture of yours and thinking that was super duper unobtanium as yours was the only 1 I ever saw. Some time in the future I'll get an fp2 or 3 or 4 so thats why I was trying to get this. Most likely won't have much use for it but..... it is a rare and neat accs:D which ain't gona come around again.

I was surprised the price was $380 until the last few secs. When it popped up, I was expecting a bidding frenzy and selling for 2500-3000 grand. I was so sure one of you Deckelites would get it. Actually thought I was gona get it but a Deckel Bandit snagged it from me:bawling:

More bad Ebay news for me, was eying 2 Forlifts , 1 is from Reliable and the other was close by (Chicago). Reliable's lift shot up in price and the other ended prematurely. There was an Alzmetall x/y table on German Ebay recently. I was thinking if I could get it for 300 Euro, I would ask PeterVe if he would handle shipping since he mentioned he's got another shipment coming over to Illinois but the seller ended the listing prematurely.

Oh well theres still 1 more machinery equipment (on our Ebay)that I am optimistically watching.

FWIW, I had a snipe in on it too. Thought I would win it based on the weeks bidding enthusiasm. Glad it's going to a good home tho'. It is surely the nicest one worldwide.

Sean
P.S. I was also eyeing that Alzmetall table..... did you get ahold of my watchlist???

FWIW, I had a snipe in on it too. Thought I would win it based on the weeks bidding enthusiasm. Glad it's going to a good home tho'. It is surely the nicest one worldwide.

Sean
P.S. I was also eyeing that Alzmetall table..... did you get ahold of my watchlist???

Did you happen to buy an Alzmetall recently? A certain blue one ?;) Been watching Ebay for an Alzmetall table since I bought mine. I have never tried a watchlist, probably should as its more convenient than typing in a zillion keywords everytime.

Someday I would like to have the entire Deckel system , I realized long ago that with certain unobtanium accessories one can't wait for the right moment as the item won't come up for sale at a reasonable (re cheap) price or at all when it suits one's timing so thats why I decided to bid on this one.

btw
The table from Milacron's OP, is that the versions that fits FP1 & 2 ?

I am Welland Works ... definitely a purchase with an eye for the future. I have a Deckel LK and I have been thinking that at some point in the unimagined future, I could sell my FP1, LK, and my much maligned Hardinge UM ... all to make room for one of those beautiful, bigger Deckels.

Cheers,
Bob

Good God, Bob... I have got to visit you someday. You must have a fine stable indeed at this point. :) Anyhow, great purchase. It seems like the economy is hurting the market. I know and like the seller; hopefully he isn't losing his shirt on these but it seems likely that this is the case. :(

Alan

Bob:
Funny story..............I traded that table and the rolling cabinet under it to the seller some years ago. Got a follower rest for my EE for it. I had bought the table from a machinery dealer that was moving to Reno and clearing out his inventory...same place i got one of my crank dial gear change FP2's. Just couldn't see the table going to the smelter. Traded it because i just needed the room, and i did not see me using it. (thing is pretty heavy and i think keeping it level and not drooping with the overhanging load would require a machine in very good shape, or scraping the table mating surface to compensate).

Cheers Ross

Back