What's new
What's new

original Deckel collet chuck for universal tables: which collets?

Martin P

Titanium
The chuck is this one as shown in the Deckel assessory catolog:

Deckel Collet Chuck by Martin Peitz, on Flickr

But it does not say which collet!
Does anyone know? The chuck came with a 50mm collet already inserted.

This particular chuck is brand new and was so gummed up that I had to really unstick it hard.
It is shown here in real life sitting on top of an almost perfect 2037 universal table. It fits into the hole in the center.

Since I have this in duplicate I want to sell both as a set and will put up an ad in the for sale section (sorry scavengers, not cheap).

IMG_1542 by Martin Peitz, on Flickr
IMG_1543 by Martin Peitz, on Flickr

59ED0DEC-BA40-4FF9-8FBA-3A8A8C14D346 by Martin Peitz, on Flickr

It is shown here in real life sitting on top of an almost perfect 2037 universal table. It fits into the hole in the center. Since I have this in duplicate I want to sell both as a set and will put up an ad in the for sale section (sorry scavengers, not cheap).

Is this the correct (smaller) universal table for an FP2? Or the larger/heavier one intended for an FP3?

Peter: thanks for the advice

Bruce: this is the correct table for the FP1 and FP2, but I find it heavy for the FP1. It is noticably harder to crank.

Curiously the table has serial number 0020.

It was in the "Zentrallager" (central warehouse) of the state trade school. That sticker was on some of the stuff.
Story is the things I saw for sale were all just brought out for demonstrations at each occasion. So how often is that? And did they? Its no fun to lug and mount such table. It has some paint scratches testifying to the man-handling.
There were curious things, like a wooden cut-out plate with thread cutting heads, incl. thread rolling ( ! and "Fette" ain't cheap). All seemed unused and I managed to score the small "EFEM" die head, the other stuff was too large. I also took a divider head, but this was apparently mounted a lot and also has some handling dings.

Footnote: putting the 2037 table and a very large Gressel vise in the back of a Golf leads to interesting driving characteristics starting at about 160 km/h.

I got the collet out. In the end a small sideways tap on a wooden table did it.
It does seem like OZ50.
It is 80mm long , but about 65mm overall width.
A quick ggogle turned up nothing on OZ50 dimensions so far.

This chuck also came with the adapter mentioned in the Deckel brochure, that reduces the 50mm down to a KF collet chuck. Not helpful to anybody nowadaysIMG_1545 by Martin Peitz, on IMG_1546 by Martin Peitz, on Flickr

On edit: it seems to be type 486E.

I would have figured Deckel would use something as obscure as possible. But this I can handle.

Back