What's new
What's new

Pretty good buy on (ex) Activ Deckel FP3 ...

be sure to check out the other item he listed for 3k$, I'm no expert, but if he sold the Deckel for 300$, then the other thing might resale for 10x the amount easily! :D

Looks like it’s gone already
Of course...wouldn't have posted about it otherwise. I went so far as to track down the sellers phone number yesterday to call to make absolutely sure it was gone.... yep, sold and paid for.

Wish i hadn't seen that...Thanks!
Cheers Ross
LOL... there was a time when I would have been sick about missing it...but now almost glad to not have the temptation ... last thing I need right now is a basket case to restore.

Having said that you KNOW what's going to happen next... the lucky buyer will eventually come on here to discuss it and we'll find out it works perfectly with quiet spindles and low backlash AND that the seller threw in some "other junk" that came with the deal...that will turn out to be a high speed head, slotter head, (final generation versions of course) etc, etc... :fight: :ack2:

LOL... there was a time when I would have been sick about missing it...but now almost glad to not have the temptation ... last thing I need right now is a basket case to restore.

Having said that you KNOW what's going to happen next... the lucky buyer will eventually come on here to discuss it and we'll find out it works perfectly with quiet spindles and low backlash AND that the seller threw in some "other junk" that came with the deal...that will turn out to be a high speed head, slotter head, (final generation versions of course) etc, etc... :fight: :ack2:

Guilty.
I'll let you know.

I have had some bad luck with freight companies recently. I shipped out a set of Taft Peirce ways (from a Taft Peirce #2- so basically impossible to find) to get reground and the crate has gone missing. I'm hoping this endeavor turns out better.

Yes an absolute bargain compared to the junk that comes up on UK eBay.

FRIEDRICH DECKEL MILLING MACHINE | eBay

The sad thing is the seller believes it to be original.
Not only is this a piece of junk but why would someone do it !!
That together with the start price, the seller is delusional.
He may need some light medication.

Ciao Adrian.

Attachments

• 401.jpg
    401.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 402.jpg
    402.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 403.jpg
    403.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 128
Matt, congrats! Post some photos and a bit of gloating when you get it home. Cheers, Bruce
Hope he goes gentle on us...no abrupt reports of super quiet spindles and drive gearing... no .003" backlash reports.... ease into that sort of news ;)

The gray color of the machine is just rust preventative-- it's green underneath and brand new.

It apparently came out of Boeing or a division thereof.

It apparently came out of Boeing or a division thereof.
Because of Hawthorne location and the gigantic gantry mills the seller is brokering I suspected Northrop... except it should be 'peach' colored if so. As an aside I wonder if it's one of the late 70's models where the Heidenhain DRO was an option, thus the all SONY stuff.... I vaguely recall SONY on the Northrop Deckels that Reliable had eons ago.

Finding hard to believe, would be a steal even for an extra '0' on the price tag....

Congrats on the amazing find!

Thanos

Because of Hawthorne location and the gigantic gantry mills the seller is brokering I suspected Northrop... except it should be 'peach' colored if so. As an aside I wonder if it's one of the late 70's models where the Heidenhain DRO was an option, thus the all SONY stuff.... I vaguely recall SONY on the Northrop Deckels that Reliable had eons ago.

Looking around to see if I had a manual for this machine I found the Reliable machine-- this was sold at the same time as Ross' machine. It certainly seems to have the same DRO box as the machine above.

I know I have Wrench's CD somewhere, but I can't find that.

Deckel FP3 NC.jpg

Back