What's new
What's new

Proud new Abene Owner

willjordan

Aluminum
I bought Scott's old Abene and he delivered it Tuesday. Here are a few shots my wife took of the delivery.

click on an image to see a larger version.
Scott at the pinch bar; I'm on the come-along.
On the long skid with the short skid in front.
side view in horizontal mode while still tied to the trailer.
On the short skid on pipes on the garage floor.
Quarter view on the trailer.
Proud new papa.
In vertical mode in Scott's shop. Didn't get any pictures yesterday after rotation.

There are a few things I need to do before the Abene is up and running. </font>
  • Run the 220 drop to the garage.</font>
  • Build a rotary converter using the 3ph motor Scott supplied for the purpose.</font>
  • Get it off the skids and onto levelling feet.</font>
  • Insulate and heat the garage.</font>
The one task that I most need assistance on at this point is the levelling feet. (I've already mined the site for rotary converter information.) I'm looking at some of the stud mount steel and neoprene feet to steady the unit on an uneven floor, level it to make for easier set-ups, and to damp the vibrations since the garage is attached to the house and I want to ensure domestic peace. Are there any specific warnings and or recomemndations that I should head. The unit is varoiusly reported as 3500 to 4000 pounds, the mounts will easily take up to 3/4 bolts.

Will,
I have been an Abene owner for about 3 years now. They are very nice machines, I'm sure you will be happy with it. You are accurate with the weight for a small foot print they packed a lot of cast iron in them.
Hal

Will- Nice Abene! I have had mine for just a few months now and I love it! I use mine more than my Bridgeport. I also have a rotary phase converter and it works superb. Mine sits on concrete leveled with metal shims and doesn't move a smidge. I do recommend some Abene gray-green paint though! I have the color. Jay D.

Will:
Since you have an Abene, the subject of machinery levelers should be a no brainer. I use Sunnex leveling feet on everything i own! I believe them to be superiour to anything else on the market and they are made in "the old country"
They are built in two pieces plus the adjusting screw (metric of course) They way they work is that the base is leveled by a screw that pushes up on the flange that the machine rests agnist. The two parts fit together in a tubiular fashon and it is sealed with o rings to keep crap out. Because of the sliding setup the base is allowed to articulate some from the base of the machine...they work great, and the thread is fine to ease leveling.

http://www.sunnexonline.com/mounts/M-series.htm

Cheers Ross

Back