What's new
What's new

Prvomajska info?

Screwmachine

Titanium
Anyone have one? I was curious if they were a close enough match to Deckel so that heads could be swapped.

For that matter, can Deckel heads be fit to Macmons?

What do you mean Peter , something along the lines of castings done by Prvomajska , finishing and assembly by Macmon ?

Just curiuos.

Lambert
Macmon bought Prvomajska mills and sold them under their own name
The promajska ALG 100 and 200 is the same machine as the Macmon M100 and 200
The Macmon owners were/are from Yugoslavia

Peter

Hi all,

Can anyone share some specs for me on the main motor for the M100, base mount, pulley size, shaft size etc? I bought one that has no main motor and it would be great to save some time in trying to figure out what motor it came out with or what I can make work.

Thanks

Would guess you want a motor at around 3 hp for that machine.
That will dictate the shaft size.
As to pulley...if you know the motor RPM and the top RPM of the spindle so you can easily calculate the pulley size needed to get there....
Just mark the spindle and the driven pulley. rotate the driven pulley say 10 revolutions and count the number of spindle turns you get....
Result will give the final ratio....then need a motor pulley that gives the driven the correct turns/min.

Some details given here:
Prvomajska ALG-100 & Macmon M100 Millers

Cheers Ross

Thanks Ross,

I bought the manual from Lathes.co.uk in the hope that the specs would be on it, but alas, nothing.

I will have a look and see what could work.

K

According to "Lathes UK" the machine was fitted with a two speed motor. 700/1400 rpm. (1.4 2.3Kw)
Think finding one might be problematic. You will have to choose where you want the RPM band to be.
You can get the 2000 RPM spindle , but sadly with a single speed motor you will likely loose the lower RPM's (40 63,100 etc.)
Could fit a VFD and vary the motor frequency to fill in the blanks.

Cheers Ross

Hi Thanos,

You don't by any chance have the pulley on the motor side size?

Regards,

Kobus

Hey there Kobus,

No, I don't. However, it is a bit difficult but not entirely impossible for me to get it for you of you have no other alternative. I am in contact with the new owner of my ALG but with are both on a really tight schedule between work and family. Let me know if you need me to try

BR,
Thanos

Thanks Thanos,

I will let you know if I don't figure it out. I am taking it apart this weekend.

K

I just replaced the pulley on my FP2, which was no longer tight on the shaft. Following advice I got here, I replaced it with a taper-lock pulley. They are inexpensive (mine cost 20 Euros) and work very well, particularly if the shaft has some fretting wear.

Back