What's new
What's new

Question about collet standard (on a TOS FN22)

JFW

Aluminum
Hi,

Just a short question. I have a 1962 TOS FN22 milling machine (a Deckel FP1/2 clone) and I wonder what collet standard it uses. The two collets in the picture below is showing the collet for the dividing head and the main spindle. The small one measures about 75mm in length with a 18mm shank and has internal threads. The large one is 105mm long, 23mm shank and external threads. Any ideas?

2850665801_b54660ee0d.jpg

Regards,

Truls
Johnsen Frameworks
www.johnsenframeworks.com

Hi, did any one ever figure out what the first collet is? I need one just like that and can not come out with the proper designation...

Well, I just found this thread with a picture of a collet with the dimensions I "think" I need, and yes, it looks "just like that". All I know it has a 18mm shank with an internal M12 1.25 thread. I just bought an old Chinese milling machine and I am trying to figure out what I need to put it to work. I have the machine but no collet. I know is not an R8. BTW, as you can tell I am new to the forum, and new to machining and don't know much about it, but I hope I can assist any one in this forum some day. Like I said, I just found the picture with a collet that looks like what I need.
Best regards
Alfredo

Thanks for your advice. "it looks like" because I can measure the shank, the inside thread and the general shape, I know the shank on a R8 is about 24mm,mine is 18mm...But again, thanks for your advice, I will keep reading and learning...
Cheers

Alfredo

Back