What's new
What's new

Question about deckel and Maho Mills

toolnuts

Cast Iron
Hi All,

Do any of the manual deckel and Maho mills have ball screws,
if not do they have zero backlash adjustment nuts?

Paul

Yes to your question, no backlash elimination and no ball screws on the manual machines.....(not sure about the FP4's)

And sorry i have one too many "a's" in that .Fat fingers!
Should be AFAIK...(As far as i know)

Cheers Ross

I can't speak to Mahos. My Aciera F5 X-axis nut is adjustable for backlash, and the F4 is not, even though the iron is otherwise practically identical. I have not found an F5 or F4 parts book that shows an adjustable nut, so the one on my F5 must be an oddball. The adjustment is accomplished via a differential screw. That is, the nut is two pieces screwed together with a fin thread. By turning on part of the nut relative to the other, the pitch distance between the two halves changes.

Yes to your question, no backlash elimination and no ball screws on the manual machines.....(not sure about the FP4's)

And sorry i have one too many "a's" in that .Fat fingers!
Should be AFAIK...(As far as i know)

Cheers Ross

Deckel FP4's (2700-xxxx machines) have ball screws on the Z axis-- not really the axis of interest in this case.

Maho started with ballscrews on their larger P models. Single servo 400P have ACME screws while my 3 servo 700P from about 1980-1981 already has ballscrews on all axis.

Back