What's new
What's new

Re-introduction

Sean S

Titanium
Hi Everyone,

It's Sean here.

It's been a long long time since I've posted on this forum (or any forum).

For those who might not know me, I started the Deckel forum waaaay back in the day with Don and moderated it for years.

Some of you might be wondering what happened to me?

Well, Jessica (The Original Deckel Girl), just up and left me in the middle of the night (with some other guy). No note, no goodbye, no nada.
Basically "Goodnight Dear", and I woke up by myself and I even thought she was missing for a few days until her parents gave me simply "she's ok" via email so that I'd call off the police search.
This was Jan 14 2009.

You might recall that we had opened a tavern, and I instantly inherited that...with zero knowledge of how to actually run one.
I also inherited about $50k in hidden debt...immediately payable or I'd have to close and lose about $150k I had already invested in the place (and her).

This set off a chain of events that has been a really wild (and hard) ride that I cannot even begin to describe.
Aside from intense emotional trauma and everything that goes with that, I instantly had to learn how to run a bar, manage myself and my home, be alone, and survive.

It has been two years of mess. I still am hounded by collectors for companies I have never even heard of, my credit is destroyed due to bad checks written (forged) and credit lines defaulted on in both her name and her covert use of my name.

Anyway, I've been in survival mode for a long long time. I still am really. This forum and my love of Deckels had to be put aside, as did most everything not directly focused on keeping my business and home. I don't mean to whine, but it's been hell.

On top of that, I have to be quite honest and say that I was embarrassed to come here. Jessica and I were a team in the pursuit of Deckelism, and I guess I felt proud of that union and what we brought to the community. Losing that, and the way I lost it is still humiliating.

So... That's basically what happened in a nutshell.
I've been saddened that I haven't spent time here with my friends and involved in the Deckel community.

Not everything is roses, but I'm keeping my head above water now. The bar is stable and I actually can mostly run it.
New territory (for me) was entered as I changed format to a nightclub/danceclub and now a series of event is taking me to open a second (larger) club here in Coos Bay Oregon.
I am just beginning that new challenge.

I feel that I've adjusted to this new "normality" enough that I can re-enter the forum that once had so much attachment to my ex-wife for me, and ghosts of my "former life".

I am really... I mean REALLY sorry to everyone that I let them down as the Moderator of this forum. It was very important to me.
I just was literally overwhelmed on so many levels. I have missed everyone here greatly...and often.

Hopefully I can contribute again and be a benefit to the group. I'm still pretty busy, but I really want to get back into the fold.

All the Best to All of You.
Sean

Welcome back.

Sean,
I can relate to what you have gone through. I did, long ago. Stay strong. Enjoy life. I don't know you, however, do something nice for yourself every once and a while. I recommend a scoop of Baskin Robbins ice cream once a week. Best of luck in your new
endeavours.

JB Bergman

Welcome back Sean, sorry to hear all of that..... seems life gets in the way sometimes. Sounds like you have been busy with the bar, and evidently doing pretty well at it if number 2 is in the works. Hopefully you'll be able to spend some Deckel time and let some of us drool over the nice examples of Deckeldom that you have acquired.

P.S. the FP1 you and Jessica delivered to me is still chugging along....

Welcome back, Sean.
Glad to hear things are going in the right direction.
I can definitely relate to what your going through.
Good luck in your endeavors.
Kevin.

Good Riddance to her!

Good to see you back. Life happens. You are SO much better off without a coniving c-word like that anyway! Been through similar and raised the three kids alone. It WILL get better!

icon_wink.gif

Wow, Sean. That's like a worst case scenario. I've had a dose of that, and I'm always amazed anew how a woman can cut ties so coldly when she is finished with a man. Then we feel embarrassed that we could be taken in so completely. It's terrible how a life partner can become a mortal enemy in moments. Any embarrassment is imagined on your part, not real. Not your fault - they are far shrewder than we.

I'm glad you are back! I'm new to Deckeldom but an old fart to PM. Your posts helped me pull the trigger to buy a FP4NC, so thank you for that. Here's to new beginnings and new fortunes and friends to be made. Welcome back!

Welcome back Sean. I just figured the wife and tavern issues were so overwhelming you had grown disinterested in all things Deckeldom. Glad to see you are still interested and hope you can participate here often :)

Wow, this is weird, I was just thinking about you the other day after Wrench popped back in for a visit on the board and was wondering what happened to the "Deckel Whisper". I hope you still have your Deckel museum. Wishing you the best from this time forward.

Welcome back Sean. Never met you but several Deckel items from you are still in use in my shop. Thought you were a good guy to deal with.

Stan.

Sean, I feel bad for what's happened to you. While it does suck when someone you trust craps on you, if there's not more to the story, I'd say only the other involved party has reason for embarrassment.

However, in most circles, you get what you give.

Through your Moderation of this Forum you gave plenty, I for one, would expect the members of this group to support you in kind. Welcome back.....

I have probably joined the forum since you went missing Sean.

I have every sympathy with the situation you have gone though and admiration for the way you have come through it.
Welcome Back! Best wishes for the future, and I look forward to hearing much more from you!

Regards John

Sean- get yer wheels back on the track and join us again. Glad to see things are looking up finally. Its been too long.

Markus

Its wonderful to hear from you again.

Here, on the internet, we have the luxury of valuing you for your brain, and we dont have any idea if you are broke, sad, fat, or ugly. (Or rich and fabulous, for that matter)

We think you are smart and interesting, based on what you know and say.

All of us have had life's dump truck of woe dumped on us at one time or another- sounds like you got the extra large load, all at once, and thats unfortunate, but its not your fault, and you certainly have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Here, on the internet, we have the luxury of valuing you for your brain, and we dont have any idea if you are broke, sad, fat, or ugly..

Pretty much all 4, but kickin' along.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I'm going to try to get a Deckel de-dusting day in soon and fire up my greens.

I think my FP4NC-TC was having a problem with one of the boards when the ex fell. Troubleshooting with a 2 year gap will be fun :rolleyes5:. I guess all my ideas will be fresh!

Sean

Back