What's new
What's new

Reading Deckel Electrical Schematics

sneebot

Stainless
I am going through the Deckel FP3 Activ Electrical Schematic and I'm not quite sure how to interpret their notations.
I'm working on getting the DC drive hooked up in the FP3 machine I purchased some while back. Previous owner had swapped the original drive with an underpowered replacement and monkeyed with some of the wiring in the process. I found an original drive and have installed it. I believe I have made all the connections to the drive correctly but the wiring around the A2B PCB has been modified and I am trying to figure that out.

The Deckel schematics have 'X' numbers all over the place (as in attached sheet)- X1.8, X8.9 ect ect ect. I believe these are pointers to other locations but I'm not sure how they work exactly.
There are also singular numbers, usually on either side of switches, relays ect.-- are these supposed to refer to wire numbers?

Deckel 1.jpg

Think those are connectors/connections. The number refers to the connector/connection number where the ._ calls the pin number...
Somewhere there is also a chart or print that shows the connectors and the related wire numbers for each pin.

So X1.8 is the #1 connector or connection using pin 8.

Physical plugs are shown as a curved line over a solid oval.
Connections are shown as an open circle

Reference to connecting circuits on other prints are shown as an oval with two numbers inside. First number is the sheet number,and the second number in the oval is the zone where the connection is made on that
called sheet. Zones are marked off 1-8 moving left to right.....

So on your example print, connection X2.3 would have a reference of 4/3 enclosed within an oval.

Cheers Ross

one small warning - don't trust the diagram to be 100% correct, while I was debugging my Micron WF41 I found couple places in the control cabinet where a NC relay section is drawn as NO in the diagram, relay number matches, the pin numbers and individual wire numbers also match, just the relay in the diagram is drawn backwards

found the same mistake in original Bosch DC servo drive schematics, and it is not a different standard thing, because there are other relays (both NC/NO types) in the same diagrams that match what you see IRL

If you look at page 2(Blatt 2 in the lower right corner) from the diagram (Geräteaufbauplan) you find the outlay of the cabinet
There you find the position of X1 being the big screw on connector (Steckverbindung ) and X8 being on the PCB (Sollwertplatine)

Deckel did a very good job on documenting their cabinets

Peter

Back