What's new
What's new

Reference problem Deckel FP4

Flex5386

Plastic
Hi all

We have a Deckel FP4A with Contour 2, But we have a little problem with it:

When i shut down the machine, next time when i turn it back on i have to go to reference points on the X,Y and Z axis, otherwise i can't run a program.

But when i move all axis to reference, it tries to go to the reference points but it stay's just a little before the reference point (like 0.015mm) and it shuts down the control power, error code : 17 Geschwindigkeitsfehler Y-Achse (Speed fault Y-Axis)

Sometime also Geschwindigkeitsfehler X-Achse or Z-Achse.

So now i switch control power back on (green push button), and move the axis away from end switch,
Now i run the reference cycle again, now the machine switch off the control power at 0.010,

Now i repeat step above, en machine switches off at 0.005

Now i repeat it again, and machines is referenced.

The problem is with all the axis but sometimes 1 or 2 axis have no problem and the 3 axis is the problem.

I will upload a video in on Youtube quick.

I hope somebody can help me.

Interesting!
Would try this....Clean all the tachometers...Alcohol with clean wipes till the wipe comes up spotless....

Try doing the initial reference with the feed override turned down at 5-10%.

If that helps, might need to check the tachometer and offset adjustments on the Bosch drive...Not sure how this is done on your Contour 2....
Cheers Ross

I didn't see that there was a new message so excuse me for late respons, but here is a link to the video posted on youtube: Reference problem Deckel FP4 - YouTube

I allready tried it on differend feed override %, but is does't make any differance

Where can i find the tachometers?

I am thinkin that is has to do with the offset of the bosch drive, because it happens on all the 3 axis

Greets Frank

Hi all,

sorry if I resume this thread but I have got exactly the same problem on the same machine (Deckel FP4A with Contour 2). In my case only Z axis is faulty. I've done several check with the oscilloscope and the board is ok. Signals coming from the glass scales are ok too. I've exchanged Y board with Z board (changing also the address) and the fault is always on Z axis so I would exclude 95% a faulty NZP board. I thought there could be a problem with the tacho of the motor but the same motor serves both Y and Z axis so I would expect to find the fault on both axis if it was a problem of tacho or driver. The strange thing is that after 3 to 6 retry the machine do the reference right and it always work until I switch it off. If I switch off and on in 10 seconds or 10 hours the problem arise again and I need several retry.
Anyone that can give me some hints ? Frank, were you able to fix the problems on your mill ?

Greetings Nicola

Back