What's new
What's new

Replacement transformer switch

Mud

Diamond
The transformer disconnect switch on my Deckel transformer broke. The plastic surrounding the spring detent mechanism broke and now the spring does not hold the switch firmly in position. Who made these, and are they available new now? It would be nice to get something that bolted right in.

Attachments

• 20180614_105513-1280.jpg
    20180614_105513-1280.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20180614_110434-1280.jpg
    20180614_110434-1280.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 80
Might be RAFI.
Thats a pretty standard style switch in Europe, have bought almost identical models from Allen Bradley and Siemens for other machines and I think they would fit and function perfectly here.

So are these made to a DIN standard, and interchangeable as far as mounting holes? Would the handles be likely to interchange?

This is on a 50A 480V line.

Pretty sure it is a DIN standard and the holes should be interchangeable and the parts likely NOT interchangeable from one make to another.
There are at least 2 different sizes and definitely several different current/voltage ratings.

Kind of like the console pushbutton switches--the hole size is standard but the contact blocks and tops are brand specific-- AB or Square D operators won't work on a RAFI or BACO switch block in my experience.

I just looked and it seems like Singer doesn't list yours on eBay (doesn't mean that he can not provide it but you'd have to ask).

May be you could fit this one and be done with it.
I suppose the specs are pretty similar and it's Deckel OEM so it would be almost correct for your machine from an "historical" standpoint, ;)

s-l300.jpg

And it's cheap !

I can take the measurements of the holes pattern if that helps.

So are these made to a DIN standard, and interchangeable as far as mounting holes? Would the handles be likely to interchange?

This is on a 50A 480V line.

I have some 30 A made in USA. Even so, I'd expect they are Metric / DIN. They LOOK like your photo. There is an operating rod, dial and fascia to a hole in the switch block, and ISTR is is 5 mm square.

"Should be" Amperage-independent, the knob & lockout tab.

Back