Close
Login to Your Account
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: For Sale ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bsg View Post
    Maybe it should be a sticky…………I know in years past, posts were removed unless you had a financial interest or helping the seller?

Kevin
    I think it was in some of Don’s posts in this forum, probably around 2006 or a bit later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jreiland View Post
    Where’s it written that auctions shouldn’t be posted??
    Quote Originally Posted by rimcanyon View Post
    I think it was in some of Don’s posts in this forum, probably around 2006 or a bit later.
    Found a recent post about this, #12 in this thread.......

OT- Video tour thru the jungle that is my "shop"....

Kevin

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rimcanyon View Post
    Kevin, Ross and I have been discussing that machine for several days, so it is hardly a secret...
    While we are letting German cats out of bags.... this Deckel sold for $500 at Bidspotter auction yesterday.... but today is a bit more...

Deckel FP4NC CNC Vertical Machining Center [1988] w/ CAT 40 Tool Holders | eBay

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin5 View Post
    While we are letting German cats out of bags.... this Deckel sold for $500 at Bidspotter auction yesterday.... but today is a bit more...

Deckel FP4NC CNC Vertical Machining Center, Universal Head, Dialog 11 Control, Cat 40, s/n 21477,

Looks like it is the auction house selling it on Ebay. $500 didn't meet the reserve I guess?

An important part of the auction description is missing from the Ebay listing: "Deckel FP4NC CNC Vertical Machining Center, Universal Head, Dialog 11 Control, Cat 40, s/n 21477, New 1988 *Needs Repair*"

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin5 View Post

Saw that on Bidspotter, and thought meh. Those old Deckels don't interest me anymore. Cost of rigging , transport and storage, would rule it out.

6. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    Saw that on Bidspotter, and thought meh. Those old Deckels don't interest me anymore. Cost of rigging , transport and storage, would rule it out.
    And the cost of Dialog 11 board repairs... And double the shipping/rigging for those of us on the left coast.

8. Likes Spud liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    They did mention it needs repair in the audio of the auction....but I see in one photo the control is not fully booting up...if that's all it is I could probably fix that easily .... but lord knows what else might be wrong with it... A major 'meh' to me too... I've owned at least 6 Dialog 11 machines and found them too much trouble to deal with. Nevermore....

10. Likes Spud, AlfaGTA, Laurentian liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For those that might have missed the drawn out final bidding on the last generation Deckel FP3 (foundry in TN) yesterday... it went for $13,920 (incl BP) Reasonable considering it's rarity...if condition is good. If not in a foundry (nasty dirt) and had at least the DRO scales I would have been hot on it.

As to the NC models...

img_9059.jpgimg_9062.jpg img_9067.jpg

The flip head model might have ended a little higher than shown...I vaguely remember some strange person bidding with 3 seconds to go...

12. Likes rimcanyon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    For those that might have missed the drawn out final bidding on the last generation Deckel FP3 (foundry in TN) yesterday... it went for $13,920 (incl BP) Reasonable considering it's rarity...if condition is good. If not in a foundry (nasty dirt) and had at least the DRO scales I would have been hot on it.

As to the NC models...

The flip head model might have ended a little higher than shown...I vaguely remember some strange person bidding with 3 seconds to go...

Yeah I was following that yesterday. Surprised the FP3 went that high; I thought it would go for around $5500. Guess I am not versed on the market value.

Makes me regret not getting that FP4MK in Canada a few months ago that went for $2,000 canadian. The rigging cost of $500 turned me off. Shipping was reasonable at $950

Was also watching that Oerlikon lathe, that went for $5,500 (not including BP and Sales tax)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI
    I have a bunch of RENISHAW probes
    Maybe someone in this forum needs one
    I do not know how I can check them
    I have them listed on EBAY
    Feel free to contact me
    MP3 MP10 MP12 40 HAAS 20210728_183606.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post

As to the NC models...

It was in a aluminum foundry.......I was a little leery of this machine, they had two in the picture and sold this one?

Overall the place wasn't as filthy as I expected, but it wasn't an immaculate toolroom/lab environment......

Kevin

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bsg View Post
    It was in a aluminum foundry.......I was a little leery of this machine, they had two in the picture and sold this one?

Overall the place wasn't as filthy as I expected, but it wasn't an immaculate toolroom/lab environment......

Kevin
    In my experience aluminum foundries are as dirty if not more so than iron foundries. Guess it depends on the foundry housekeeping somewhat... the Makino KE 55 mill looked reasonably clean at least.